Advice on brokering

Axiom Unknown

After selling my TF2 inventory for Paypal, I plan on beginning to broker. Any advice from brokers to someone who wants to start doing so? I plan to build up my trust more with it.

Brokering while selling/after you've sold your inventory certainly isn't exactly going to build trust with people. You've got nothing to lose if you run away with items.

35 minutes ago, Mengh. said:

Brokering while selling/after you've sold your inventory certainly isn't exactly going to build trust with people. You've got nothing to lose if you run away with items.

Except my reputation, which I am not keen on losing. Getting my inventory back up is a bit simple, just need to get some more keys and trade for unusuals and work my way up from there. Just keen on saving money right now. Any advice once my inventory gets back up there? On what to broker, what not to broker.

your recent trust is incorrect according to the sentence.

it seems Arkana bought your backpack for 1350 USD and he says you went first.if you went first and arkana went second,that means the trust should be on arkana's trust and not yours because arkana did not run away with your items when you went first...also none of your trust have any evidence like screenshot of transaction or anything.

actually this affects on all your trust.you went first and they went second but you got trust?

if you want to do brokering,you should start with your friends first.they know who you are so you could build up your reputation with them first.start off with a slow and small start first.

i can agree on Mengh's comment about your inventory because if you have nothing even though we can see your past you owned an expensive backpack, people can assume theories on you. At beginners step,we dont charge anything for the service.once you build a nice reputation,you can start to ask a cut like 5% or so depending the value of the item/trade 

1 hour ago, Mengh. said:

^
Just looked at your inventory and there is literally nothing tradable, which although I'm not interested in brokering services does not fill me with confidence when it comes to me giving someone even a small amount of items

Also while I'm here, does anyone actuallly do brokering these days or do I just live under a rock? My understanding is that it's basically a dead part of trading

7 minutes ago, Alecto said:

^
Just looked at your inventory and there is literally nothing tradable, which although I'm not interested in brokering services does not fill me with confidence when it comes to me giving someone even a small amount of items

Also while I'm here, does anyone actuallly do brokering these days or do I just live under a rock? My understanding is that it's basically a dead part of trading

its no surprise that most brokers are pretty much either done brokering or done brokering and trading.im friends with a few well-known brokers and some are done on either

1 hour ago, Diamond jozu said:

it seems Arkana bought your backpack for 1350 USD and he says you went first.if you went first and arkana went second,that means the trust should be on arkana's trust and not yours because arkana did not run away with your items when you went first...also none of your trust have any evidence like screenshot of transaction or anything.

actually this affects on all your trust.you went first and they went second but you got trust?

How would you actually put evidence forth? backpack.tf doesn't exactly have a way to submit the evidence unless you mean a link. I notice that a lot of people don't seem to put forth any evidence either.

1 hour ago, Axiom Unknown said:

How would you actually put evidence forth? backpack.tf doesn't exactly have a way to submit the evidence unless you mean a link. I notice that a lot of people don't seem to put forth any evidence either.

https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198112046826

take a look on mine.not all contain evidence but some do on important risky trades like middlemans/brokers/risky trade/etc.. (ignore my latest trust,i dont even know where that came from...)

the reason i ask for evidence is to show some that other people would be more aware that im more trustworthy

2 hours ago, Alecto said:

^

Brokering is still alive I suppose, I still broker for a couple people in the region of 200 keys for their item values but I would agree there are seemingly a lot less og brokers from back in the day. I know a few people on trade servers broker which works for them since they are on trade servers like 24/7, collecting offers of sorts

But to not get away from OP's question. You really are not very trustworthy, perhaps just trade with the cash you got from Arcand, I personally think you sold for a pretty damn good deal, Arcand certainly paid, imo, a bit much for a backpack buyer but if he makes profit off it, who really cares :D

9 hours ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Brokering is still alive I suppose, I still broker for a couple people in the region of 200 keys for their item values but I would agree there are seemingly a lot less og brokers from back in the day. I know a few people on trade servers broker which works for them since they are on trade servers like 24/7, collecting offers of sorts

But to not get away from OP's question. You really are not very trustworthy, perhaps just trade with the cash you got from Arcand, I personally think you sold for a pretty damn good deal, Arcand certainly paid, imo, a bit much for a backpack buyer but if he makes profit off it, who really cares :D

I can't trade with the cash for now. I need to save it for apartment and utilities.

14 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

People leave trusts of both sides of cash trades, just because he didn't scam you, even if you went first.

11 hours ago, Vebster said:

People leave trusts of both sides of cash trades, just because he didn't scam you, even if you went first.

Whilst it is true people leave trusts on both sides, typically the trust should only be "trusting" on the person who went 2nd, ie, they had both the cash and the items and chose to continue with the deal than run with the items. Just sending your items first does not show any trust in you. 

Archived