Racial Profiling experiences

Pyrous

The other day me (I'm white) and my Asian friend were running late to class. A school patrol person stopped us and asked why we weren't in class yet. We replied that we didn't know where to be until now. (Was true, but I honestly didn't expect him to believe that) So then instead of taking us to the dean's office, he tells us to just go to class. On our way to class, we see that a black student has been stopped, but he had his reasons too since he was running late as well. He had actually gotten a tardy pass and was able to go to class without any further delay, unlike me and my friend. But they still took him to the dean's office because they assumed that he was lying. Ironically, me and my friend were learning humanities lessons regarding racial prejudice and discrimination. Anything like this ever happen to you guys? More specifically at your very school?

P.S. School is at Reseda, California if that makes a difference

oh i encounter it every day. for example, if im describing a white person to a black person he doesnt care that i mention he is white. but he gets mad when im talking about a black person and call him black.

or hearing black people talk "oh look at that white boi, bla bla bla" or seeing a black person "oh look at that niggah, he could bla bla bla". but if i were to say "oh look at that white kid" noone would care. if i said "oh look at that black kid" people would be offended.

why? people hide behind the fact that racism exist and use it to defend themselves and be assholes for no reason

We don't have many true black people here  We got quite a few Arabsthough, and they apparently get arrested 

more often, even though statistically they commit way more crimes. But I actually find myself having racial stereotypes as when I'm at a train station or something I watch my belongings way better when I see a bunch of "cool" dressed Arabs than when I see Dutch people.

We don't have many true black people here  We got quite a few Arabsthough, and they apparently get arrested more often, even though statistically they commit way more crimes. 

Fun fact: PVV-members are more likely to have a criminal record than the people they target (aka most foreigners).

But I actually find myself having racial stereotypes as when I'm at a train station or something I watch my belongings way better when I see a bunch of "cool" dressed Arabs than when I see Dutch people.

I find myself doing this as well. I automatically check my bag. It's not that I really think they're going to take anything, it's just something my brain picked up from other people who do I guess.

Fun fact: PVV-members are more likely to have a criminal record than the people they target (aka most foreigners).

I find myself doing this as well. I automatically check my bag. It's not that I really think they're going to take anything, it's just something my brain picked up from other people who do I guess.

More fun facts, PVV only has one member, who is a humongous fucking idiot

Racism makes absolutely 0 sense whatsoever.

OH YOUR SKIN IS DARK! YOU MUST BE STUPID BECAUSE YOU'RE A DIFFERENT COLOR!

OH THAT ONE PERSON WHO HAPPENS TO BE MEXICAN JUST STOLE MY CAR! NOW I HATE ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE MEXICAN!

HAHA YOU HAVE SQUINTY EYES! FUCKING CHINK!!

It just does not make any sense to me... if you're going to judge someone, at least judge them by something that makes sense.

Racism makes absolutely 0 sense whatsoever.

OH YOUR SKIN IS DARK! YOU MUST BE STUPID BECAUSE YOU'RE A DIFFERENT COLOR!

OH THAT ONE PERSON WHO HAPPENS TO BE MEXICAN JUST STOLE MY CAR! NOW I HATE ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE MEXICAN!

HAHA YOU HAVE SQUINTY EYES! FUCKING CHINK!!

It just does not make any sense to me... if you're going to judge someone, at least judge them by something that makes sense.

When incarceration rates among black men in the US is 30%, while it is 6% for white men, won't you admit that there is some logic behind it?

When incarceration rates among black men in the US is 30%, while it is 6% for white men, won't you admit that there is some logic behind it?

No. There is no logic. It's just stupidity and ignorancy.    That's like saying. OH I HATE YOU BECAUSE YOU WEAR A SHIRT AND NOW I HATE YOUR ENTIRE RACE!!! It just makes 0 sense. You can't just hate someone for being forced to be a certain race.

Once when I was on holiday abroad, a bunch of people saw us (i'm asian), and danced gangnam style behind our backs

its already a crime to gangnam, and i'm not even korean .-.

No. There is no logic. It's just stupidity and ignorancy.    That's like saying. OH I HATE YOU BECAUSE YOU WEAR A SHIRT AND NOW I HATE YOUR ENTIRE RACE!!! It just makes 0 sense. You can't just hate someone for being forced to be a certain race.

wat

First of all, I don't understand how the shirt example relates in any way. There's a pretty big difference between a shirt wearer and a criminal...

Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense. For example, if there was a race of people that would kill you on sight 90% of the time, is it wrong to judge them because it *might* be a member of the 10% who doesn't kill you?

Of course not, you're an idiot if you do that.

The same logic can of course be applied to the racial profiling situation. Of course, the crime rates among any given race are not 90%, and that is just an extreme example. But you should always be cautious around strangers. If there is a higher chance that the stranger is going to do something to you, I don't see why you wouldn't treat the situation differently.

wat

First of all, I don't understand how the shirt example relates in any way. There's a pretty big difference between a shirt wearer and a criminal...

Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense. For example, if there was a race of people that would kill you on sight 90% of the time, is it wrong to judge them because it *might* be a member of the 10% who doesn't kill you?

Of course not, you're an idiot if you do that.

The same logic can of course be applied to the racial profiling situation. Of course, the crime rates among any given race are not 90%, and that is just an extreme example. But you should always be cautious around strangers. If there is a higher chance that the stranger is going to do something to you, I don't see why you wouldn't treat the situation differently.

It has nothing to do with the raise, it has to do with their personality, how they were raised, where they were raised, and who raised them. One does not become evil because they are born black. People are not born evil and they are not born nice.

It has nothing to do with the raise, it has to do with their personality, how they were raised, where they were raised, and who raised them. One does not become evil because they are born black. People are not born evil and they are not born nice.

Yes, but if a large per--

I quit, this is a huge waste of time

Yes, but if a large per--

I quit, this is a huge waste of time

So just because some people of a certain race are bad that means the entire fucking race is bad? No! Just those individuals are bad.

So just because some people of a certain race are bad that means the entire fucking race is bad? No! Just those individuals are bad.

Okay, but the thing is you don't know. There is CLEARLY a higher chance that someone of a specific race will be more likely to be bad, and I am NOT saying that this is an inherent issue with the race. I am just saying that statistics like these do warrant and rationalize racial profiling.

Okay, but the thing is you don't know. There is CLEARLY a higher chance that someone of a specific race will be more likely to be bad, and I am NOT saying that this is an inherent issue with the race. I am just saying that statistics like these do warrant and rationalize racial profiling.

It has nothing to do with the race. It has to do with where they leave and the other people who love there. You're thinking ignorant.

It has nothing to do with the race. It has to do with where they leave and the other people who love there. You're thinking ignorant.

You are confusing racism with racial profiling.

Racism is the idea that one race (or culture) is inherently superior over another. It is a primitive and ignorant idea.

Racial profiling is a type of stereotyping. Stereotyping is never a socially acceptable thing to do but in many cases they do originate from rational ideas.

For instance, it's stereotypical that the Asian kid at school is a super duper smarty pants. And it is true that Asians (Japanese in particular) prize education and generally becuase of that, they are smarter than the typical american teenager.

Its stereotyping to think the hispanic you saw in Arizona or California is an illegal immigrant. And it is true that there are a large percentage of illegals in California, Arizona, Texas, etc.

Its stereotyping to think the black guy walking towards you is going to mug you. And it is true that significantly more violent crimes are committed by black males than any other demographic.

If I cross the street to avoid the black person walking towards me because I stereotype that all black guys walking at night are muggers and gang-bangers than that is foolish, but If I cross the street to avoid the black person because I know that black males commit more violent crimes than any other single demographic in America, then there is some rationality to that.

EDIT: talking about racial profiling, I just notice the arms dealer in terraria is black and all the possible names are black names lolol

You're the ignorant one if you think it's never justified. While it is still wrong, it can sometimes make sense and sometimes be justified.

But it is an issue that should be addressed through education and the likes, which it's not.

Archived