Yo can I do this?

Melusine

So these stupid freaking robots are putting their buy orders 0.02 keys above mine, can I put a higher price in the description than in the buy order? That should be fine as long as I do pay that amount, right?

Ps. frick you, bot owners, I want that hat more than you do!

no, the price you want to pay should match 100% with the price you are actually paying for the item.

What you can do is match the bots and put in the description "I will overcut any bots, add me or lemme know in the trade offer" and if bots overcut you the person selling will consider selling it to you then.

Yeah, you can do that

just make sure you aren't putting a lower price in the description than your buy order, that's called linecutting and is not allowed

I don’t know why you would just relist the item. It’s not any harder than changing the description. If you don’t want to do that, most people put “will beat bots” or something like that in the listing description.

14 minutes ago, Urist said:

I don’t know why you would just relist the item. It’s not any harder than changing the description. If you don’t want to do that, most people put “will beat bots” or something like that in the listing description.

The reason I was reluctant to do that was because those kinds of people are like "yeah I'll pay the same as bots but I'll throw on a force a nature and a jarate ontop." It doesn't feel any better than selling to bots if you get let down like that. 

Archived