New Trader. What items should i get to then sell?

VerdantGaming

nothing, the key isn't tradeable yet.  

on a more serious note, with so little capital you don't really have many options.  with bots controlling most of the cheap-stuff market, there's really not a lot of room to do much aside from speculative trades.  your safest bet would be to hunt for arbitrage moves (i.e. buy orders are higher than sell orders) or get more keys and dabble in unusual trading

My advise would be try to buy low sell high with painted/strange items though as stated above with bots controlling the market it's not gonna be easy. 

One of the markets where many people have succeeded in is the skin/war paint market. Skins can be very easily bought for cheap from places such as the SCM (steam community market) and can be sold for more, to the right guy. I personally did not go through the skin and war paint market, since it can be difficult to make progress, especially since most skins aren't worth over a key. My personal recommendation would be to spend an extra $15 and go buy a nice low-tier unusual, and try to flip it to make a key or two in profit.

Here are a couple of videos to watch, just to ensure that you can buy the right items, and won't get scammed.

There are some gems that can be sold for about 20-35% more on marketplace and scm. The most common ones are aussies, taunts, stranges and painted hats. I think it will give you a good starter point. You just gotta search and find the perfect item to flip.

Also on maketplace you can buy 11 keys and get 1 free key by using ''uncle'' code.

You gotta learn some small part of the market well. (No way you can learn it all anytime soon. I have been trading for years and years, and still don't have much expertise in unusual hats.)

Very hard to get rolling with only 1 key, but with $10 in steam funds you can be off to the races.

Certain paints on certain hats, sell well, for example. And from time to time someone lists a hat for the base price even though it has a paint on it. You get that hat, and then list it for sale for a little less than a substantially similar hat, and wait for the sale.

Archived