WTH is happening to rare stranges?

h0wLze_

I'm sure that many of you have noticed that rare strange items have suddenly skyrocketed in value...

Strange Machina initially had sell orders close to 13 keys, now they're almost 10 keys higher.

Similarly, Strange Pro KS Kritzkrieg had sell orders at 35 keys (I recently sold mine for 35 keys), now sell orders at at 50 keys!

Strange Original, Strange Gunslinger even the Strange PDA have all experienced monumental price rises. 

Why is this happening, and will they come down? Is this simply a steep fluctuation? I'm pissed, because I sold all of mine for 10 keys lower than what they're valued at now.

The crates these come from are limited in supply, and super expensive. The one that contains the gunslinger, machina and kritzkrieg (salvaged mann co supply crate 30) has buy orders for 22 keys. There's 10 of them on the community market for 80 bucks each. crate 50 contains the pda and original. Same story for that one, 17 on the market, 55 bucks minimum.

43 minutes ago, MFB Goobie said:

The crates these come from are limited in supply, and super expensive.

It's a shame this is also the reason that they wont include skinned variants of these weapons. If they did, there would be no point in getting these stranges anymore, you'd just get a strange warpaint.

This is why we can't have nice things. RIP Thoughts of an Unusual Kritzkrieg. 😭

49 minutes ago, TraceofCakes said:

they wont include skinned variants of these weapons.

Though they allowed paints to 2 crate 60 weapons (whip and loose cannon), and crate 60 also dropped a lot less frequently, like crates 30/40/50

Still amuses me why people pay $10+ for these stranges when you can literally make one with $1 with civic duty paint

2 hours ago, TraceofCakes said:

It's a shame this is also the reason that they wont include skinned variants of these weapons.

Since warpaints don't appear to have a universal pool of weapons they can be applied to, given the Dragon Slayer warpaint can only be applied to a limited number of weapons + Dragon's Fury can only have Dragon Slayer applied to it, nothing else; it stands to reason that is Valve wanted to they could probably restrict skinned Machinas and Kritzkriegs to a select few skins (Elite and maybe Assassin).

They probably don't do that because it is too much effort to bother with.

I would say it's part fluctuation, part limited supply - There's going to be tons of people who have these sorts of items sitting around in their inventories who don't play anymore but expect to come back at some point, meanwhile there's always lots of newer players who want them, realistically not many people are going to be opening the newer crate with kritzkrieg in it because everything else in the case is worth next to nothing and the kritz is as rare as an unusual (not to mention if you DO get an unusual it'll be a gen 3, ew)

I would say the reason you can't war paint them is because the shape of these weapons is too similar to stock in the case of the kritz and the machina - they want it be easy to identify which weapon other people are using. If you can get a kritzkrieg with the same pattern as the medigun, the only difference is the part around the nozzle on the kritz. As it is it's not that easy too see whether it's stock or kritz in the heat of battle, so being able to paint it is not helping that at all. All weapons which are paintable either have a unique shape or they're stock - if you know a bit about which weapons are paintable it's generally quite easy to tell which weapon your enemy is using.

4 hours ago, Alecto said:

(not to mention if you DO get an unusual it'll be a gen 3, ew)

#92 actually gives Gen 1, 2, and 3 effects.

(#85 is the last crate to exclusively have Gen 3 effects)

its how supply and demand works like normal business. because the crates that contains those rare stranges are running out,it will be harder for more of those rare stranges to be unboxed as more can exist if those crates were to be opened but since its rare to get those crates,the demand is higher and supply is lower

Archived