Spell Buying On backpack.tf

Svest

I recently received a suspension on backpack.tf for "line cutting - buying items with spells only. Your list price must be what you are willing to pay for a generic, unspelled item. You may state a higher price for ones with spells applied in the notes."

How am I supposed to advertise a buy order for an item I only want in a spelled form?

Take this as an example: http://prntscr.com/t1h7f9

Here you must accept non-spelled versions at 7 ref (your listing price), voices at 1 key and hh at 3 keys, as written in the listing comments.

You can always just relist the items you don’t want or resell them to bots.

But no, you can not only buy spelled versions

52 minutes ago, Flamadin said:

But you can do it in these forums or on tf2trade on reddit.

Also some discords exist for spells specifically, or generic tf2 trade ones.

If you don't wanna buy the generic hat, say you'll accept spells and the regular in your description, but always have your price be lower than the other buy orders, not so low that other people can't see it, but not high enough that people will send you offers for the normal item.

Quick question. The same applies for spec/pro killstreak items, right? Or are buy orders for X keys: "X keys for Fire Horns/Flames/Tornado, X-2 keys for others" ok? I see those a lot.

7 hours ago, Heidecker said:

Quick question. The same applies for spec/pro killstreak items, right? Or are buy orders for X keys: "X keys for Fire Horns/Flames/Tornado, X-2 keys for others" ok? I see those a lot.

The rules do say that if you list a buy order for spec or pro ks you have to accept any sheen or killstreaker, but people still list for X sheen/effect so I don’t think it’s really enforced

On 9/5/2020 at 11:24 AM, Heidecker said:

16 hours ago, Strange said:

The rules do say that if you list a buy order for spec or pro ks you have to accept any sheen or killstreaker, but people still list for X sheen/effect so I don’t think it’s really enforced

It is enforced, you can buy specific sheen/killstreaker if you specify it by using the pencil icon when creating a buy order. As also written in the rules

2 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

It is enforced, you can buy specific sheen/killstreaker if you specify it by using the pencil icon when creating a buy order. As also written in the rules

Ou yeah true, it’s the same for stranges with parts

Archived