Can anyone give me the Lowdown on mannco.store drama?

Druwu

I'm trying to find some concrete information on everything that's happened with that site, although I can't find any proper sources regarding the controversies I hear people talk about.

Here's a list of rumors I've found:

-Co-owner banned on Steamrep (what's their profile? Do they still work on the site?)

-Site owner DDoSing marketplace.TF (I've heard Geel talk about this and say he had proof, but what exactly happened?)

-People scammed out of anywhere from $25k-80k of items, most infamous being the 9 cent Golden Pan (Numbers vary greatly, when did this happen and how much was lost?)

8 minutes ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Always has been

what im wondering is, why if he was running a scam site he just got banned recently? I personally dont know this guy site or what he did.

10 minutes ago, Roi said:

what im wondering is, why if he was running a scam site he just got banned recently? I personally dont know this guy site or what he did.

Alright my reply was more trying to do the astronaut meme

Basically, mannco.store is as far as I know, a legitimate site. You can buy and sell on it, the 5% fee is attractive and it functions as a cash marktplace for tf2 with hundred to thousands of keys selling every day.

Now as for why it gets dubbed "scammco.store", it isn't a scam site as in it steals all your money. It's a scam site because of all the dodgy shit that has gone on over the years and the controversies it is wrapped up in:

These include but are not limited to:

- The 9 cent golden frying pan, there is a screenshot somewhere - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470502472281227265/518727139475062784/Screenshot_20181202-105620_Chrome.jpg

- As previously stated, the evidence that suggests DDoS attacks on both marketplace.tf and backpack.tf

- Users get banned from using their site if they "spread bad rumours" - https://i.imgur.com/hu8dvrV.png and https://i.imgur.com/MbCcFjU.png

So basically, the traders who couldn't give 2 shits about the ethics of a tf2 cash marketplace have already started moving their stock over to mannco.store, most of the rest of us will probably move back to trading for keys, selling on SCM, using other sites but I do not  plan on touching mannco.store even with a ten foot stick.

That or peeps cash out before mp shuts down.

1 minute ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Alright my reply was more trying to do the astronaut meme

Basically, mannco.store is as far as I know, a legitimate site. You can buy and sell on it, the 5% fee is attractive and it functions as a cash marktplace for tf2 with hundred to thousands of keys selling every day.

Now as for why it gets dubbed "scammco.store", it isn't a scam site as in it steals all your money. It's a scam site because of all the dodgy shit that has gone on over the years and the controversies it is wrapped up in:

These included but are not limited to:

- The 9 cent golden frying pan, there is a screenshot somewhere - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470502472281227265/518727139475062784/Screenshot_20181202-105620_Chrome.jpg

- As previously stated, the evidence that suggests DDoS attacks on both marketplace.tf and backpack.tf

- Users get banned from using their site if they "spread bad rumours" - https://i.imgur.com/hu8dvrV.png and https://i.imgur.com/MbCcFjU.png

So basically, the traders who couldn't give 2 shits about the ethics of a tf2 cash marketplace have already started moving their stock over to mannco.store, most of the rest of us will probably move back to trading for keys, selling on SCM, using other sites but just not touching mannco.store with a ten foot stick.

thanks for this detailed explanation, ill make sure ill avoid that site if this is how they behave. The golden pan thing is very shady as well frankly.

Just now, Strange said:

What the hell... A golden pan sold for 9 cents...?

For me, it seems like this proof shouldn't be used when talking about scamco.store because it might be fake.

1 minute ago, Vebster said:

For me, it seems like this proof shouldn't be used when talking about scamco.store because it might be fake.

Yeah it is pretty easy to make rumours

20 minutes ago, Phink said:

personally never have had any problems with the site and ive been using it for a year or two 

https://gyazo.com/f3b00d24b44462299c05905b3258eb36

Can you tell me which way you buy from and withdraw your money?

They don't use paypal so buy fees varies and when i use G2A The minimum fund is 5$ theres not much freedom. 

Just curios how can you use this site with all the hidden fees in mind?

29 minutes ago, habibi hammood said:

Can you tell me which way you buy from and withdraw your money?

They don't use paypal so buy fees varies and when i use G2A The minimum fund is 5$ theres not much freedom. 

Just curios how can you use this site with all the hidden fees in mind?

they had paypal cashout before. i have yet to cash out with the new methods

edit: the only way they are offering for me to cash out atm is threw payoneer wich seems very expensive (3.5 for a load and 1.5$for a withdraw to bank account + 30$ annual) and also u need many verifications which can be difficult to obtain to a minor (for me they are not a problem). After looking into payoneer more i think i will keep my money on the site and wait for a better option to come along. 

also to answer your last question: I have never used any money on virtual items so i dont really know. 

Habibi hammood, You can use paypal with a paypal cash card. I have one and it acts as just a mastercard except its just my paypal account. Its pretty dope because I can use paypal anywhere credit card is accepted.

6 hours ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Users get banned from using their site if they "spread bad rumours"

Yikes. Things like this are probably the biggest red flag of some shady business going on.

22 minutes ago, Urist said:

Yikes. Things like this are probably the biggest red flag of some shady business going on.

If people are running around encouraging people not to use my service because they don’t like me, I would ban them. Literally nothing wrong with it. 

It may seem scummy, but you have to protect your business. By definition they are spreading malicious rumors. 

25 minutes ago, creepio said:

If people are running around encouraging people not to use my service because they don’t like me, I would ban them. Literally nothing wrong with it. 

It may seem scummy, but you have to protect your business. By definition they are spreading malicious rumors. 

And what if these rumours are true? 

Censorship is best idea? 

Sounds like slander to me. Knowing the lying piece of shit that Geel is, I'd take anything negative you hear about his competitors with a grain of salt.

5 hours ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Censorship is best idea? 

Explain what is wrong with revoking buying and selling privilege's of someone that is outspokenly against you and your service? They aren't breaking any discrimination laws. It's not like it's a TF2/backpack.tf community ban. They are banning people from using a site they oppose. I call that a favor. Not censorship. 

Mannco is linked to some shady shit. I'm not defending them there. I'm just saying if you bully someone on the playground, don't be offended when you're not invited to their house after school.

9 hours ago, creepio said:

From a an owner/moderator standpoint, the ban of the “malicious” user is going to be way more harmful to business than the rumors. A much better solution is to simply publish proof that you did nothing wrong or a justification for for what you did.

56 minutes ago, Urist said:

From a an owner/moderator standpoint, the ban of the “malicious” user is going to be way more harmful to business than the rumors. A much better solution is to simply publish proof that you did nothing wrong or a justification for for what you did.

I'm not suggesting they are innocent in any way. There's a reason why they haven't published anything or justified their actions. I've recognized they've been linked to shady activity. They are undoubtedly hiding something. If they can keep it hidden, that's only good for business.

22 minutes ago, creepio said:

I'm not suggesting they are innocent in any way. There's a reason why they haven't published anything or justified their actions. I've recognized they've been linked to shady activity. They are undoubtedly hiding something. If they can keep it hidden, that's only good for business.

You said in your original post that you would ban someone spreading "malicious" rumors, saying there's nothing wrong with that. Now you that they are "undoubtedly hiding something" because of their actions. You aren't making any sense bro.

Besides, it's not not people are gonna stop if you ban them.

11 hours ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Censorship is best idea? 

I mean they are being banned on the platform they are telling people to avoid, why would they care?

10 hours ago, Buddy said:

Sounds like slander to me. Knowing the lying piece of shit that Geel is, I'd take anything negative you hear about his competitors with a grain of salt.

Also this ^

Archived