Buy/sell orders are confusing with marketplace integration

Toad

A bit confused here. We are mixing two different currencies - cash and keys, and it's confusing as to what undercuts what in the buy/sell orders. Was this intended? Is there any simple fixes? 

what do you mean? that there are Marketplace.tf sellers in classifieds? Those are sellers on marketplace.tf who are willing to take pure too, they list on Backpack.tf so people can add them and ask to buy in pure

10 minutes ago, Strange said:

what do you mean? that there are Marketplace.tf sellers in classifieds? Those are sellers on marketplace.tf who are willing to take pure too, they list on Backpack.tf so people can add them and ask to buy in pure

I think he means that the new system they used to keep the classifieds working properly is confusing due to the fact that cash to key ratio are different on different people stores. Some people are selling for more than their Backpack listing in Marketplace, leads to some listings where people are listing higher on Marketplace but still undercutting on Backpack classifieds

37 minutes ago, ⇄ | Pollen said:

I think he means that the new system they used to keep the classifieds working properly is confusing due to the fact that cash to key ratio are different on different people stores. Some people are selling for more than their Backpack listing in Marketplace, leads to some listings where people are listing higher on Marketplace but still undercutting on Backpack classifieds

This. Also confusing because if I want to beat a buyer/seller, I have to figure out the conversion. 

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

It might be the bptf key value, which can be found on the donate page or by looking at keys

as bptf is buying and selling precisely 0 keys for its purported cash value it sure would make a lot more sense to index using the mp.tf key value and display the ask in keys

the current 'cash only' listing is confusing AF

if someone is seriously gonna go buy it for cash they'd be searching on mp not on here.

17 hours ago, ⇄ | Pollen said:

People list higher on mp because fees, but the fact that they undercut other stuff does beat me though 

Archived