are the new cosmetics priced yet?

pizza

When you buy key to open it, it's non-tradable for 7 days. So when you open it there is 7 day trade hold on that item, so no cosmetics were sold yet. If there are no sales you can't price item. I guess people will start making suggestions in 2 weeks from now. Hope i could help.

12 minutes ago, Australian guy said:

When you buy key to oepn it, it's non-tradable. So when you open it there is 7 day trade hold on that item, so no cosmetics were sold yet. If there are no sales you can't.price item. I guess people will start making suggestions in 2 weeks from now. Hope i could help.

i doubt in 2 weeks it could get a price. when making a sale,it is best to wait for like a month or so because since new items just got released,the prices will change a lot of times until it stop.when the prices stops,thats when a price suggestion can be made but even so,they would most likely use trades as sales and not from the steam community market.

yeah, and the Unusuals will probably be after 3 months or so, the rules do say that you need to wait for an event to finish before pricing the contents. However, the "Usual" (get it? ;) ) ones like Unique and Strange should be able to be priced in a month or so. But yeah, since the cases only just started dropping and you can only buy the keys for it via Mann Co. Store which has a 7 day trade hold before you can trade them, none are tradable yet and are only transferred to others via SCM

9 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

i doubt in 2 weeks it could get a price. when making a sale,it is best to wait for like a month or so because since new items just got released,the prices will change a lot of times until it stop.when the prices stops,thats when a price suggestion can be made but even so,they would most likely use trades as sales and not from the steam community market.

Well going off price suggestions for this item it's not unreasonable to expect a price in ~2-3 weeks however it will be months before a stable price is reached (26 weeks before it reached its current 5 ref in a price range).

1 hour ago, Australian guy said:

When you buy key to open it, it's non-tradable for 7 days. So when you open it there is 7 day trade hold on that item, so no cosmetics were sold yet. If there are no sales you can't price item. I guess people will start making suggestions in 2 weeks from now. Hope i could help.

As a price suggestor, I can tell you it will take more than two weeks to price a new item. We need sales, people and bots will trade for new items for very high prices because is new and in demand, however, as the hype dies down and more of that certain cosmetic is avalible, the prices will drop, which by then the common selling and buying points will become apparent and if a majority of sales occur at those points and we will be able to price it.

I am sure there will be a bunch of people who will create no-evidence suggestions though, basing their price on views and opinions instead of numbers.

12 minutes ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

As a price suggestor, I can tell you it will take more than two weeks to price a new item. We need sales, people and bots will trade for new items for very high prices because is new and in demand, however, as the hype dies down and more of that certain cosmetic is avalible, the prices will drop, which by then the common selling and buying points will become apparent and if a majority of sales occur at those points and we will be able to price it.

I am sure there will be a bunch of people who will create no-evidence suggestions though, basing their price on views and opinions instead of numbers.

Don't worry mate, I'm a fairly experience non-unusual suggester, I'll make sure they get suggestions with evidence

Long time before the unusual ones are priced, and you pay a premium to get them early.

Non-unusuals are priced well in S.C.M. of course.

Archived