Steam download Issue

Captainfluffy

For some odd reason steam has really been doing really bad with downloading games and updating

My issue:  i am downloading/updating any game. it just downloads at a decent rate for 1 second and just tanks down to 0 bytes, then starts up and goes go to like 500Kb/s it slowly goes down until steam decides these rates are to low and removes it from the download list and moves it in the que. 

my internet connection it self is completely fine 500Mb UP and 50Mb DOWN 

I have tried multiple things: Restarted steam, Changed Download region, Cleared download Cache, Repaired Library Folder.

One suggestion: don't have things like Chrome and other apps that require connection while you're downloading, it can slow down your download rate sometimes. I've even had it before where it wouldn't download if I even used my mobile at the same time...

30 minutes ago, Strange said:

One suggestion: don't have things like Chrome and other apps that require connection while you're downloading, it can slow down your download rate sometimes. I've even had it before where it wouldn't download if I even used my mobile at the same time...

Thx for the siuggestion yet i started up my pc, just turned on steam nothin els and it just beaned it self doing the exact same thing it did yesterday

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

Ah crap, well, is your PC powerful? Sometimes having a bad PC can take longer

nope. got a decent pc which i have recently upgraded with a core i5 9600k and a decent Mobo to go with it, got a 1060 3GB + a very nice amount of storage, SSD For boot and steam and HDD's for games and video's.

for some reason it seems to be mainly effecting payday 2 and a few other games rest seem to download at okay/normal rates i am currently figuring out why this is.

10 minutes ago, Strange said:

Yeah, that sounds like a good PC, idk why it isn't downloading properly

did a abit of more research other people on steam seem to have some issues aswell with downloading games though they get a error of no content server found. i dont really get that 

2 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Have you tried letting it just... download? Even if it takes an hour

ehhh..... either it can take 20 mins.. orrrrr 17 days. maximum  WHAT A DEAL! 

One download was estimated to take over a year, actually took like 30 min tho, its just buggy

4 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

One download was estimated to take over a year, actually took like 30 min tho, its just buggy

Yes but actually no, just that it downloads for 1 second normally, it just goese blank then start downloading  the 30gig game at like 500/100Kb/s with pause intervals of like 3 mins before redoing the same thing again... andd again

may god save my soul

Archived