Should I shift browsers?

vAGUe

I use chrome, and have been using it for the past several years. Recently however, it's been lagging for me after a certain time of usage.

I've used Microsoft Edge and Firefox in the past... But between the two, I think Edge has the edge over Firefox.

Also, the recent update of Microsoft Edge just made the browser like 5x better so I'm thinking of switching over to edge

Honestly Chrome's long list of extensions are really the only thing keeping me from using other websites

13 minutes ago, JayTuut said:

All extensions of chrome work in firefox and edge, so personal preference man

I did not know that tbh

What browser do you use btw?

Just now, vAGUe said:

I did not know that tbh

What browser do you use btw?

I personally use chrome, but that's just because I started with it, and edge and firefox were not what they are today. My parents use the new edge and they like it, and I see a lot of people who are very worried about privacy (which is fair) recommend firefox or Brave.

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. They're all similar since they all use chromium, it just depends which is faster or more secure I guess. I think edge is the fastest (from memory) but firefox I think is the most privacy conscious? I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it haha.

I personally use Chrome daily, as for mobile, it's a mix of Chrome and Firefox. Firefox allows me to use scripts on my phone meaning I can trade a lot faster. And also have the option to suggest on mobile. 

On 8/20/2020 at 12:25 AM, JayTuut said:

All extensions of chrome work in firefox and edge, so personal preference man

Chrome extensions only work on chromium browsers such as Edge, Brave, and Opera. To use those extensions on Firefox you have to do an annoying process to convert it with no guaranteed it will still work. Most chrome addons can be found in the Firefox store anyways, but I have found some that have been absent.

If you are looking for all around compatibility with more extensions open to you choose Chrome. If you value privacy, open source development or have a lower amount of ram, use Firefox.

Firefox also allows you to theme your browser in a more in depth way using css as seen on this subreddit, which I value a lot.

Archived