Decaled items

ceno0

Some people constatly get banned or get their buy offers deleted beause of buy offers with decals in mind
The lack of ablity to specify presense of decals on this website is not their fault. 

People constatly make decaled objectors buy offers and you probably should make them able to specify if objector got decal 

The solution given before, where you need to make buy offer with generic objectors and make aditional proposition in comment where you can buy decaled is lame and bad

Anyway, the decaled items are as unique as painted, speled etc

And how would you do this? Its not as easy as specifying a specific paint as you can add ANYTHING to the objectors

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

And how would you do this?

Like paints are handled in terms of the classifieds. For how to code it have a simple boolean and a label "Decal Applied" or "Decal Un-Applied". At least this way you can show buyers and sellers without decals if you dont want to see them. Hell it could even look like this.  I used the paint class from the already loaded and used stylesheet to position the little decal img so everything is here to do this.

image.png

7 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

Like paints are handled in terms of the classifieds. For how to code it have a simple boolean and a label "Decal Applied" or "Decal Un-Applied". At least this way you can show buyers and sellers without decals if you dont want to see them. Hell it could even look like this.  I used the paint class from the already loaded and used stylesheet to position the little decal img so everything is here to do this.

image.png

Problem with that is that it opens the whole can of worms that is people arguing over whether a certain image on an objector meets the description of the buy order
In your example you've asked for 'any I find interesting......etc' which could be practically anything to a stranger. And then someone offers you a sign with a pretty lousy picture on it, you reject the offer, they get upset because in their eyes the sign matches your description, listing gets reported, mods go 'ughhh this nonsense again.....'

17 minutes ago, Alecto said:

Problem with that is that it opens the whole can of worms that is people arguing over whether a certain image on an objector meets the description of the buy order
In your example you've asked for 'any I find interesting......etc' which could be practically anything to a stranger. And then someone offers you a sign with a pretty lousy picture on it, you reject the offer, they get upset because in their eyes the sign matches your description, listing gets reported, mods go 'ughhh this nonsense again.....'

Just don't allow vague descriptions like the one above. It would take some enforcement yes but in reality there aren't that many people who create listings like this. The level of enforcement would be way less workload than what it currently is. I dont see a complete hands off resolution in general with the issue, just a way to minimize the level of enforcement to let mods do other things with their time. (Also Post 69 Nice.)

Why do people even care.. A decal tool is literally 2.33 ref.. That's like 9 cents. Just get an objector and apply it yourself, jeez.

1 hour ago, MFB Goobie said:

Why do people even care.. A decal tool is literally 2.33 ref.. That's like 9 cents. Just get an objector and apply it yourself, jeez.

My Goals Are Beyond Your Understanding | Know Your Meme

I can agree that this entire situation is a bit dumb but...  I know that this is vague, but the topic could be resolved if mods just start to ignore these kinda buy offers and let them be.
What's the big deal anyway. The only concern i have is bots, ye i don't know if there is some kind of correlation between buy offers and bot prices but im still curious why did objector price spiked 2 month ago

3 hours ago, ceno0 said:

I can agree that this entire situation is a bit dumb but...  I know that this is vague, but the topic could be resolved if mods just start to ignore these kinda buy offers and let them be.

image.png.d60b9e9267c762f65a0bd76b6a10847a.png

6 hours ago, Alecto said:

This is an issue yeah

27 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

image.png.d60b9e9267c762f65a0bd76b6a10847a.png

This is an issue yeah

it kinda is at this point, since right now these kinda buy offers can expire before they get deleted with ease. But yeah, this is a bad solution and the one with ability to specify if objector got decal or not is way better.

7 hours ago, Alecto said:

Since this is mostly for the collecting purposes i don't think that this is a that big of a deal. It's not that hard to specify what you want.

Archived