What are good ways/tips to obtain unusuals to flip

ǍгᴋᴀɴД ₭ɪлʛ

Best way to get unusuals to flip  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better for obtaining quicksell/discounted unusuals

• Trading site (such as TF2Outpost, Bazaar, etc)
    • Unusual dedicated trading server
    • Other - unlisted (comment if necessary)
    • All this just for circling hearts? ಠ_ಠ

Hi, I recently starting flip unusuals for profit (like practically everyone that buys unusuals) but I what to know whats the best way to go about or if anyone has any tricks they can provide. (Gotta get that Circling Heart Crone's Dome one way or another :'C)

First thread, so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section. Also couldn't find if an existing thread like this exist.

I mainly use a trading site (like everyone else that flip unusuals) but such trading websites have those kind of people where they only "quicksell" by 3 keys off their buyouts, comment "dats rip-off ya scamming scrub #yolo #420" and can be quite tiresome but has many potential customers yet I rarely go onto unusuals server to advertise for unusuals and more trades tend to happen on a server though? From my understanding, unusual servers tend to be quicker but are more riskier due to dodgy personal.

I want to know other people's thoughts/ideas/experience which may help me get unusuals to flip (because I don't think I'm the only one who would be interested to know)

Thanks for reading ♪

There are times when i'm a bit tempted to go on trade servers to try and sell stuff in order to gain more exposure, BUT:

>The majority of offers you'll get on servers are utter shit. 

>Everyone spams so no one actually sees your S>/B> line. 

>People rush you--you need to be willing/able to make a snap decision. 

>Its very time consuming. 

all offers on outpost: horrible - have done 4 unusual trade off it in the past 3 months

all offers in trading servers: non-existent (nobody ever trades ya), but if you get one, it's decent 40% of the time - have done 1 unusual trade off them in the past 3 months

only thing that works for me seems to be bp.tf classifieds, people see the hat and effect, see what you're asking, see how it stacks up against current listed price, and add you if they're interested. This allows for more discussion and interaction, and doesnt rush you to make any decisions. - 7 trades off it in the past 3 months (a lot considering I only usually bump them once a day)

all offers on outpost: horrible - have done 4 unusual trade off it in the past 3 months

all offers in trading servers: non-existent (nobody ever trades ya), but if you get one, it's decent 40% of the time - have done 1 unusual trade off them in the past 3 months

only thing that works for me seems to be bp.tf classifieds, people see the hat and effect, see what you're asking, see how it stacks up against current listed price, and add you if they're interested. This allows for more discussion and interaction, and doesnt rush you to make any decisions. - 7 trades off it in the past 3 months (a lot considering I only usually bump them once a day)

that's interesting, unless i'm asking a decent amount less than the going rate for a hat in order to make a quick couple of keys i wouldn't bother with backpack. I only use it then cause each time you remake the classified it comes up again on trade.tf if you're selling below bp.tf price so it's just another bit of exposure.

It's just a game of chance. There's no tricks. Just be the type of trader, person, people will be happy trading with. 

Your trade has to been seen by the right person, at the right time.

You have to be polite and make it clear on what you will pay. If they think its good enough, than you got yourself an unusual. 

Same when it comes to selling.  

Without a doubt, OP is the best place. 

However, in light of what cranwell does, use of SCM is even better if the universe likes you. 

If you can load web pages decently fast then pay a key for trade.tf pro and Go shopping on the SCM.... Just look for the 30%+ hats and make sure it's an effect you like... good deals will go quick though so don't ponder too long

I just watch classifieds... decent low tier quicksells pop up there every now and then... But then some have been hijacked.. which i have fallen victim to buying them... maybe a little more than onnce -_-

trade.tf live deals. I'm not rich enough to buy unusuals, but I've seen lots of 20-30% quicksells roll by.

20-30% are hardly quicksells in my book. 

30% off a 6 bud or so hat is a good quicksell... really depends on the hat though. Some effects on certain hats are super easy to collect near or above bp.tf price from.

Archived