Trades always being cancelled when I accept?

Mushi

I've been trying to trade in a few keys for ref and make a trade with somebody for one of my unusuals, but every time I accept the trade, I receive my own items back in a notification saying I just received new items. It's like I never owned it or something. When I check my trades, the trade offer is said to have been cancelled and some of the items on both sides of the trade appear to not be in the person's backpack even though they actually are. It only appears to be cancelled after I accept the trade. I've been going through trade servers and other people seem to be going about their trading practices as usual so I was wondering if I'm the only with this problem. Steam went down yesterday for usual maintenance so I would not be surprised if they screwed something up again, but I just want to make sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Isn't this a classic "your account has been compromised" symptom?

I have had the problem of one of my items being unavailable to trade when I still clearly had it, so dunno. Steam's been shitting itself recently as we all know.

its not just bots i tried to trade with a human but it said my refind wasnt available to trade and then when i went back into tf2 it said traded for new items even tho it was my ref :( 

we all have this issue but has anyone informed steam support about it? 

I can see that there's some sort of item quantity limit for the trade to be accepted i guess less than 10 items or something.

Archived