My main IP was banned... For going away for 15 minutes?!

Not_a_good_sniper

So here is funny story. I turned on my script thar accepts some trade offers. I went away to wash dishes and stuff like that for about 15 minutes. When I came back to the PC, something went wrong with the script (there was an error in the console). After terminating this script I cleared all of my listings, and then started to figuring out what happened with the script. Maybe my wi-fi decided to say goodbye. Then I saw a trade offer with the item that I was selling, but it was declined (not by the script). After removing my listings I refreshed web page and I was banned on this IP. Why I was banned, and for what?

P.s. I dont know how to use backpack API so my trade offers looks like normal

IP bans are an automated result of sending too many requests. Could either be your script or you opened a lot of tabs in a short time window.

These automatically expire after an hour or two of not interacting with the site

My script is not using any http requests so no requests at all. But maybe i was banned for using auto clicker which clicks about 100/sec, just missclicked. I just got a button for that on my mouse. Hope this ban is not permanent. Anyways, ty for that, I will remember this.

11 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

IP bans are an automated result of sending too many requests. Could either be your script or you opened a lot of tabs in a short time window.

These automatically expire after an hour or two of not interacting with the site

• Not_a_good_sniper locked this topic

Archived