Steam fake item scams V3

Uncle Dang

the new beauty from the front page of SCM: https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/895230/Bitcoin

I could make 5 paragraphs explaining why in detail, but the short version is you should not buy or trade for this junk under any circumstances. The "buy orders" are almost certainly being faked and will be gone in the week it takes for you to be allowed to list

Saw this, game has 2 reviews. Not exactly a fake item, but definitely not an item with any real value in it. The question is how are they faking the buy orders, even if it was the owners theyd still be paying the 5% steam tax no matter what. This item is 100% useless like the subnautica thing but still doesnt make a lot of sense since the subnautica thing has a lower tax rate and shorter trade cooldown. Maybe their whole plan was to make it to the front page of steam and then ride off the publicity selling to buy orders from real people. Not a fake item but definitely dont buy it. 

This probably isn't the case but, my theory is that someone is using these items as money laundering or something scammy of those sorts. An item doesn't simply sell for 27$ each for over 1200 all at once after the item was barely getting a couple pennies on it. The massive spike in sales from the scammy sales lead it to reach the featured page of the steam community market, and that's what caused the hype that now people are thinking it's a great thing to invest in just because it's featured and labeled "Bitcoin". Let me be clear though, the game is completely obscure and has only 2 reviews on it. The game has 0 value in it. This alone should be a big red flag. Unless you wanna do what I did and purchase some as a meme item for your item showcases or whatever, don't buy into it, it won't be a great investment and considering that the items have a 1 week market cool down, smells a little fishy.

3 hours ago, Uncle Dang said:

the new beauty from the front page of SCM: https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/895230/Bitcoin

I could make 5 paragraphs explaining why in detail, but the short version is you should not buy or trade for this junk under any circumstances. The "buy orders" are almost certainly being faked and will be gone in the week it takes for you to be allowed to list

Big talk from someone who manipulates item descriptions on scm 

The only scam I can think of that's worse is putting custom descriptions on a crappy unusuals to try and fool people into thinking it's a newly released effect. 

5 hours ago, Uncertain / Abstract said:

I got greeted with this wonderful warning, pretty funny

VWUa4ti.png

thats been there since this incident:

after this scam,valve duped the items back to those who got scammed with this method for like a week or so and then after implementing the new update,they dont dupe the items anymore

The Bitcoin items have all been completely deleted, it is 100% confirmed to be a complete scam. Apparently someone (A dev of the game?) manipulated the market for them with the big boom in purchases, and he had over 1 million of the Bitcoin in their inventory. He was the one selling them all off to the people that wanted to hop the fake hype train. After they made the money they wanted, it was completely shut down and now all of the people that thought it would have been a good investment will suffer financially. F

1 hour ago, fenfen said:

The Bitcoin items have all been completely deleted, it is 100% confirmed to be a complete scam. Apparently someone (A dev of the game?) manipulated the market for them with the big boom in purchases, and he had over 1 million of the Bitcoin in their inventory. He was the one selling them all off to the people that wanted to hop the fake hype train. After they made the money they wanted, it was completely shut down and now all of the people that thought it would have been a good investment will suffer financially. F

From my calculations he made approx $12k+ in steam wallet. Dont know what he spent to get the things featured but he must have made at least some profit. Anyone who bought into it didnt have common sense

49 minutes ago, HaloGAMER0329 said:

to get the things featured

He bought CS skins, one of them being an AK Fire Serpent as it seems. They went private though, so there's that.

9 hours ago, Payback said:

Big talk from someone who manipulates item descriptions on scm 

You upset someone Uncle Dang???

6 hours ago, fenfen said:

Source?

1 hour ago, TripleMasterA said:

Source?

They are completely gone, even the some that I bought to use as an item showcase meme. Check YouTube videos on it. The dev of the game was found and lemmie tell you, he sure forgot to disable his comment section lol

Archived