Jump to content
PeskySpyCrab

Not enough currency error when creating a buy order despite having the money

Recommended Posts

PeskySpyCrab

Just what it says in the title the listing says I don't have enough currency even though TF2 and backpack.tf say otherwise
 

Annotation 2020-07-28 110649.png

Annotation 2020-07-28 110620.png

Annotation 2020-07-28 110603.png

Annotation 2020-07-28 110540.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lʌyer

Backpacks have stopped updating correctly for a month from now cause inv api is broken and no one gonna fix it in the next 1-2 months.

The problem is that backpack can't really see that you have enough currency when creating buy order (when not updated or in fallback)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeskySpyCrab
19 minutes ago, Lʌyer said:

Backpacks have stopped updating correctly for a month from now cause inv api is broken and no one gonna fix it in the next 1-2 months.

The problem is that backpack can't really see that you have enough currency when creating buy order (when not updated or in fallback)

 

So the problem is only gonna be fixed in 1-2 months? how is the website going to function like this for 2 months?
also is there a possible workaround to force it to update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥
41 minutes ago, PeskySpyCrab said:

also is there a possible workaround to force it to update?

Spam :PassTheRat: emoji to Valve employees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FP jh34ghu43gu

If you're lucky you can get your backpack to update during off hours, got mine to update 4 days ago right after selling something for some pure thank goodness.

 

And to be clear this is valve's fault not backpack's so don't harass people here to fix it, they are just sitting ducks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uchimatan
2 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

And to be clear this is valve's fault not backpack's so don't harass people here to fix it, they are just sitting ducks.

True
Yet we have fallback option working which says "We won't use this data to update your records"
What's the point of it then if its useless anyway?
Since it works, it can be used to at least update currency values, so that people can create buy listings. 

p.s. guess I will have to leave browser open for whole night autoclicking refresh, maybe miracle will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phenompak
1 hour ago, uchimatan said:

True
Yet we have fallback option working which says "We won't use this data to update your records"
What's the point of it then if its useless anyway?
Since it works, it can be used to at least update currency values, so that people can create buy listings. 

p.s. guess I will have to leave browser open for whole night autoclicking refresh, maybe miracle will happen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D.Alex
4 hours ago, Lʌyer said:

backpack can't really see that you have enough currency  ... in fallback

 

Correction: backpack.tf decided not to see that you have enough currency when using "fallback".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FP jh34ghu43gu
10 hours ago, uchimatan said:

Yet we have fallback option working which says "We won't use this data to update your records"
What's the point of it then if its useless anyway?

There's a lot of important data fallback does not provide that backpack needs when it "recognizes" an item going into your inventory. An obvious example is try looking at killstreak fabricators in a fallback inventory.

The point of it is so you can still see someone's backpack in a more digestible way than steam's inventory viewer. A side effect of not recognizing fallback items in your inventory history is you cannot have your pure value updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...