WhoAmI

Lol at trying to show Muselk's most popular TF2 video and somehow insinuate TF2 videos need to have millions of views to prove TF2 tubers aren't popular no more.

Also Heavy is dead has over 8 million views and its 10 months old.

4 minutes ago, TripleMasterA said:

Lol at trying to show Muselk's most popular TF2 video and somehow insinuate TF2 videos need to have millions of views to prove the game is not dead.

Also Heavy is dead has over 8 million views and its 10 months old.

At no point anywhere did I say TF2 is dead. I said people are losing interest. Also, the point in showing the Muselk video was that many people watched his videos and enjoyed them, and how he slowly faded away from the TF2 community. Also, Heavy is Dead is sort of a meme video. I'm talking more about TF2 gameplay and TF2 commentary.

Edit: Also about the Muselk video. That was back when there were actual updates in the game and people like Muselk would make videos about it. Not saying TF2 zombies was an update in the game, but it was new at the time and it was something fun for him to do, and it drew many people to play TF2 for the first time.

There's no new content therefore people get burnt out or move on from boredom. Not much else to it than that really.

You will never again experience the happiness of hopping on your favorite trade/orange/randomizer server and hearing about the new Jerma / STAR_ TF2 video that's got the entire community talking

MrSwipez1, Zesty Jesus and Toofty still make vids, and I enjoy them all. Sure they're not the 'big' names in tf2bers but honestly I think their stuff is better

3 hours ago, The Seal said:

with yet another video advertising something called Creators.tf (don't know or care what that is)

Creators.tf is the exact thing that will combat what you're complaining about, whether or not it is actually a valid argument.

Big Joey is making great content about an uncommon main to have as well as commentary about the whole bot situation.

Swipez is still making fragvideos, SoundSmith is making his best efforts to avoid being a TF2ber while still uploading TF2 Stuff so he can make variety stuff, and if you don't like variety content then that's a completely different issue. Toofty is making great Demoman and general TF2 videos.

MrPaladin uploads Spy videos all the time, even though he's now a grandfather.

LazyPurple uploads once every 8 months or so because his videos are the most high effort, well-done, thorough TF2 videos on YouTube. He collects months of recordings and then methodically writes a great script, animates massive sections of the video, and has a lot of people working with him. 

SpikeyMikey is making videos still and just quit his job JUST to make TF2 videos full-time!

PyroJoe still makes TF2 stuff once in a while, and Woolen Sleevelet is also making videos.

TF2's content creators are only growing in number and popularity!

2 hours ago, The Seal said:

Almost every single person you just mentioned there is uploading a lot less and getting less views than normal. 

1. Yes, Big Joey's recent video was popular, I'll give you that.

2. MrSwipez's most recent TF2 video was on June 5th, 50 days ago, and it wasn't even a spy video, it was just a compilation of frags.

3. Soundsmith is gradually moving away from TF2, with his last video about it being on June 13th, and the one before that being a whole 4 months ago. (126 days)

4. I'll give you that one too, Toofty is uploading frequently and has risen in popularity over the past few months.

5. MrPaladin has only uploaded 7 TF2 videos in the past 3 months, with a gradually decrease in views.

6. The time between The How it Feels to Play Sniper and How it Feels to Play Pyro was 6 months. We're going on 8 months without a new How it Feels video. Also, if you look at his recent videos, he uploaded 3 videos within a 3 month radius, which for him, is pretty outstanding, but it's been 7 months without any video. I guess he did upload a video on his second channel 3 months ago, but I'm mainly talking about his main one.

7. Spikeymikey is uploading a lot, but he isn't getting that many views. His video yesterday hasn't broken 10k, and most of his videos in the past month have been getting around 20k with the occasional 40k or maybe 70k, but he's also gotten videos below 10 thousand. His views are down a lot.

8. If you look at social blade, Pyrojoe got 5200 new subscribers in April, but in May and June, only got 1000. His last TF2 video was a month ago, with only 60k views.

9. I actually didn't know who Woolen Sleevelet was, so I had to look him up. He uploaded a 3 hour TF2 vid 2 weeks ago, but I'm guessing not a lot of people will want to watch a 3 hour vid, so his most recent non 3 hour tf video was a month ago with only 7k views. 

So no, I wouldn't say TF2's content creators are growing in number and popularity.

I think this issue stems from your preference in content, not anything else. I take the very numbers you're so upset about as a good thing! I think it's growth.

In my opinion, Muselk wasn't very interesting as a TF2 creator. His commentary was LOUD and that's it, and he didn't teach me anything as opposed to many other content creators who make excellent, entertaining, funny, and informative videos.

4 hours ago, The Seal said:

5. MrPaladin has only uploaded 7 TF2 videos in the past 3 months, with a gradually decrease in views.

While Mr Paladin was known for his tf2 videos, his videos relating to life and gaming is pretty useful and worth the watch, of course you need to understand that youtubers can always change their content anytime, like how a tf2 player will play some minecraft or a OW youtuber will play some Hearthstone, I see no problem in diverging to other games as long as the creator does what he or she likes.

6. The time between The How it Feels to Play Sniper and How it Feels to Play Pyro was 6 months. We're going on 8 months without a new How it Feels video. Also, if you look at his recent videos, he uploaded 3 videos within a 3 month radius, which for him, is pretty outstanding, but it's been 7 months without any video.

When I first heard of SFM 6 years ago and seen those legendary SFM animators like Winglet and HoovyTube, I was astounded, I know animating is hard and take months and maybe years of writing and animating to polishing, but after watching LazyPurple's video on his behind the scenes, I now understand how hectic it is to make SFMs, but that is because Valve doesn't update that software, not because LazyPurple is lazy.

3. Soundsmith is gradually moving away from TF2, with his last video about it being on June 13th, and the one before that being a whole 4 months ago. (126 days)

As said already, I see no problem in diverging to other games as long as the creator does what he or she likes. He also had a tf2 video about a month ago, but you didn't mention that?

7. Spikeymikey is uploading a lot, but he isn't getting that many views. His video yesterday hasn't broken 10k, and most of his videos in the past month have been getting around 20k with the occasional 40k or maybe 70k, but he's also gotten videos below 10 thousand. His views are down a lot.

Well, I mean being popular among the community is hard, you need to advertise and gain popularity along the way. No one starts off with a following of 100,000 subs. The great thing about Spikey is that I heard of his name 6 years ago but never thought about it much, now he is becoming more popular. Additionally, he seems to always have an idea for a video and has interesting topics. He uploads frequently so there's that.

8. If you look at social blade, Pyrojoe got 5200 new subscribers in April, but in May and June, only got 1000. His last TF2 video was a month ago, with only 60k views

He said he quit I think idk

Moreover, you only seem to talk about gameplay content creators, how about others such as Virtual Economist, Winglet, SFM animators, TF2 traders liek Enderslicer, SQU1RRELLY Streamers like Ceajay, B4nny, Mr Slin. Other big names, like Unkle Dan, ArraySeven. There also new ones already making tf2 videos like Alan, Spud (both are related to tf2 trading really). Why don't you talk about these guys?

Also good to note, not everyone is a shut-in, they have a life, family, school, work, shit to deal with in life. If they got stuff to focus on, then they have to put their uploads on hold.

3 hours ago, yepperz said:

What's wrong with delfy?

Delfy was hated becuase he was known for tf2 exploits, like getting the entire red team in blu spawn for example. Some broken ones eventually got fixed, some I think still exists. Either way, these exploit vids actually helps the game (not limited to tf2) as it prompts developers to quickly fix up the problem. But of course, if you are the one affected by this exploit, is not fun. But if you are the one doing it, is fun. (Just like random crits) . Delfy has moved on from exploits to some tips and tricks vid which is fine I guess.

I have done a koth_nucleus exploit where you can go to the other team's spawn, it was fun until round timer (back before casual was a thing) was up.

Man i miss watching muselk,STAR_ playing tf2 back when i didn't have a pc. Been watching him since he had ~50k subs now hes at 9.3million but its all because of fortnite 😕 Used to play fortnite and watch him but eventually got bored of it.

7 hours ago, The Seal said:

9. I actually didn't know who Woolen Sleevelet was, so I had to look him up. He uploaded a 3 hour TF2 vid 2 weeks ago, but I'm guessing not a lot of people will want to watch a 3 hour vid, so his most recent non 3 hour tf video was a month ago with only 7k views. 

Judging somebody with only one of his videos is a very bad way to tell if that utuber is gud or not. Also, Woolen is a utuber who primarily teaches competitive spy techniques (Well he is a gud highlander spy to begin w/) and does some rly gud live commentaries. One of the most humorous tf2utubers out there.

5 hours ago, The Seal said:

I guess I've overexaggerated this a little bit. I've seen some good points from you guys. Its fair that people can switch up their content when they get bored of TF2. Also I get how long it would take Lazy Purple to make those videos, because he has to collect a ton of footage, do a ton of SFM, which I know can be infuriating, and then edit the whole thing. I don't think it's fair for me to be complaining about no new videos from him. I also forgot to mention a whole bunch of people, many of whom I didn't know before this thread. The Virtual Economist is a great TF2uber who just recently uploaded a helpful video. And b4nny uploads regularly. 

I guess I made this thread because I felt, as does everyone in the community, that things have been slow, a little dry. After reading the responses to this thread, I realize that there are actually a ton of people who make TF2 content, and people have the right to move away from TF2 if they want. 

If anyone else has any more thoughts, please share them.

I am glad you have realised your mistake and improve upon it, I would also apologise for the tone I have used in my reply. My thoughts are that if one generation of content creators leave the scene, then another generation of content creators will join the party. The great thing about tf2 is that it has a great community, even after 13 freaking years, 21 if you include tf1 (team fortress classic), their servers are still up. And of course, seeing your original post said that you don't care about creators.tf, you would be happy  to learn more about it, as is probably the best thing we have to keep tf2 alive and thriving.

What do you expect of a game that is over a decade old and hasnt gotten anything new and refreshing since 3 years. While Pyro Joe and Spikey Mikey are desperatly trying to milk the F*** out of every single last bit of tf2 content there is, eventually even them will realise that there is everything said and done about tf2. In order for more interesting tf2 content on youtube, we need more interesting tf2 content in general. Screw creators tf and Co, thats not main tf2 so the majority of the people dont give a shit about them. I fully understand why mueselk left tf2 youtube, and i would have done the exact same thing if i was in his shoes. Why the f*** would he continue to milk a (from a content creators perspective) completely dried out and dead game, if a super fresh and extremely popular game just popped up, and his army of 10 year olds would probably enjoy fortnite just as much. If you check his channel now, id say it was the best decision in his life, the dude has probably 10 times the earnings he had back in tf2 age.

7 minutes ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

Screw creators tf and Co, thats not main tf2 so the majority of the people dont give a shit about them

How so?

7 minutes ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

If you check his channel now, id say it was the best decision in his life, the dude has probably 10 times the earnings he had back in tf2 age.

I mean tf2 helped him build a fanbase, while yes, fortnite made him popular because of the huge following  that fortnite has, while I am not sure how many tf2 players still watch him now since he transitioned to fortnite, but the huge fanbase he made during his tf2 days gave him a head start. 

i hope you realize that tf2 is just a dying game. hardly any profit can be made from this shit game from trading or making videos. move on.

1 hour ago, ∑dsel said:

"Thankfully, one of the good ones is back, Uncle Dane". Stopped reading right there.

Kind of this just because Dane's videos at this point are "I want the game to change in THIS specific way" without actually knowing half of what he's talking about. "Trickle down balance" doesn't work. The game is built around casual 12v12, not coordinated 6v6 or 9v9 with 1-per-class limits.

22 hours ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

Screw creators tf and Co, thats not main tf2 so the majority of the people dont give a shit about them.

How so? I would like to hear your reasoning.

• WhoAmI changed the title to .

Archived