I am trying to improve my sfm art please review my work

pootisMan

Your posters look pretty nice, good start. 
My tips:
-Try making more complicated posing, like moving shoulders, arms, legs, spine. Take your time in it.
-Lighting is situational, but I can say that it's always better to have more than one light. Also pay attention to light settings like "shadow filter size, radius", they are very important.
-Use blur in SFM to make character look more important than background, so people concentrate on main character first, and only then they look at background.
-From your posters, I noticed that you pay attention to mostly 1-2 characters and some background. Try adding more props at background or just surrounding characters. That will make poster look less empty and more interesting. Basically, any prop will do the job. Lamps, weapons, interior items, toys, anything.
-Experiment with lighting. Some people say that three-point lighting is the best, some say it's better to do more than 5, but you must remember that it's all up to you and do it the way you think it's good.

Explained everything that seemed off to me in your posters. But again, don't expect yourself to become proffesional in several hours. I have 300 hours at sfm and 140 posters done, and I'm still learning myself. I may even help you more if you add me to friend list. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Asimus said:

Your posters look pretty nice, good start. 
My tips:
-Try making more complicated posing, like moving shoulders, arms, legs, spine. Take your time in it.
-Lighting is situational, but I can say that it's always better to have more than one light. Also pay attention to light settings like "shadow filter size, radius", they are very important.
-Use blur in SFM to make character look more important than background, so people concentrate on main character first, and only then they look at background.
-From your posters, I noticed that you pay attention to mostly 1-2 characters and some background. Try adding more props at background or just surrounding characters. That will make poster look less empty and more interesting. Basically, any prop will do the job. Lamps, weapons, interior items, toys, anything.
-Experiment with lighting. Some people say that three-point lighting is the best, some say it's better to do more than 5, but you must remember that it's all up to you and do it the way you think it's good.

Explained everything that seemed off to me in your posters. But again, don't expect yourself to become proffesional in several hours. I have 300 hours at sfm and 140 posters done, and I'm still learning myself. I may even help you more if you add me to friend list. Good luck!

sure ill add you tjanks

Archived