Is it still worth it to start unusual trading in 2020?

Kuspsa

I've been interested in trying out unusual trading for a while and was wondering if it was still a good idea to jump in now, even after things such as the crate depression. And if yes, how many keys should I start with if I'm still new to it?

Unusual trading is still technically viable, but you have to know to avoid a lot of different types of unusuals nowadays. I would say grab yourself 20-30 keys, search for cheap unusual miscs, flip them for profit.

tbh unusual trading is kinda risky unless you have a lot of knowledge regarding desired effects and hats. even then, they may take months to sell at 1-2 keys profit.

i'd start by buying some aussies and selling them on marketplace. it can be really profitable.

ehhh to be fair trading takes alot of time and commitment especially in low tier unus and starting with 20 keys seems to be the most reasonable amount altho I've seen people starting out (quite recently) with 10 keys and doing fine.

Nowadays you can get a good looking all class for cheap, i would recommend to buy something you would like to wear.

If you are strictly after profit, you will have to be patient and choose carefully

It’s a lot harder now with bots dominating buy orders and subsequently undercutting sellers. However if ur smart and have decent knowledge about trading there is definitely profit to be made. 

If you really are an expert when it comes to values, then sure it makes sense.

But if you are new, don't trade unusuals, trade other things.

Its enjoyable. But don't get too attached to hats/ items. Unfortunately its what I myself have done. I could be sitting on some mad pure if I had just sold some of the items in the past, or some I have now. But seriously, its still a big scene, and I predict it'll ramp up come halloween, just wait... I'm not sure about new effects as such, I think a leap year might take place again, allowing for old effects once again, because I'm pretty sure that earned valve a nice sum. If they released a new case alongside it, it adds for more interesting combinations, but we'll see yet.

1 hour ago, creepio said:

It's a full time job that pays a Venezuelan salary.

IDK why i have to say this over and over but it's literally more worth it to work on a resume or risk getting the rona working at your local supermarket than trade pixels unless you're sitting on thousands of dollars of rare hats that only appreciate in value.

I think starting is still quite viable, but you will need to be very careful about which ones you buy.Befriending one or two experienced traders and asking them for advice is how i managed to zero in on the good and bad effects, though this is generally reliant on who you manage to find. I would recommend starting out with 15-20 keys if you can afford it. Best of luck to ya

Archived