how to price low craft numbers?

=<NWS_D>=BOSS

As you can see in the title i wanted to know how to accurately price low craft # items. i understand most low crafts that are worth something are from 1- 98 and then there are some special number like 1, 42, 69, 99, 100 that go for more keys. i wanted something close to a guide so that no matter the number i can tell how much its worth. your answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

unless you want to keep them forever, or you're sharkin kiddos for 2 key #1's, they're not worth messing with

yes everyone knows the special #s, no they don't have set (or even close to set) values.

Each item is unique, every seller wants a kidney and there are often a dearth of people who actually want to buy them to have them (in lieu of buying to try and resell for more)

craft numbers is literally the inner circle of trade hell

uh dont,they are the one and only thing i wouldnt touch,only mess with them if you have a ton of keys and feeling bored

2 hours ago, =<NWS_D>=BOSS said:

As you can see in the title i wanted to know how to accurately price low craft # items. i understand most low crafts that are worth something are from 1- 98 and then there are some special number like 1, 42, 69, 99, 100 that go for more keys. i wanted something close to a guide so that no matter the number i can tell how much its worth. your answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It's hard to get exact price estimates for low crafts, because the market for them is pretty niche. They're only worth what people are willing to pay for them. I remember flipping a low craft Strange Heat of Winter #30 at an 8 key profit because I knew that the cosmetic was popular and the strangifiers for it were pretty expensive.

20 minutes ago, Uncertain said:

It's hard to get exact price estimates for low crafts, because the market for them is pretty niche. They're only worth what people are willing to pay for them. I remember flipping a low craft Strange Heat of Winter #30 at an 8 key profit because I knew that the cosmetic was popular and the strangifiers for it were pretty expensive.

thank you this is the type of answer i was looking for.

low craft # are basically unpriced items. there is no price to be set but depends on what the previous owner got it for but if there is not previous sale,it can be hard depending the number itself and the cosmetic as well.

I'd pay 10+ keys for a lowcraft handshake. Would anyone else? Probably not. This is the problem you'll run into with pricing lowcrafts because only number collectors or the specific item collectors will care about them. Although it's safe to say everyone of them is worth at least 1 key.

Collectors are generally the only people who will buy them, it's rare for them to be bought and traded to someone else given how few people there are who care for those.

It's difficult to value them because the only people that actually want them are collectors, and collectors don't pay full B/O price for anything but the absolute best and most amazing items that they'll never be able to grab again if they don't act fast (and some of them even pass up those opportunities.) Collectors typically watch and wait for good deals to snatch things to add to their collection. That's why most collectors will have things like "Please do not add me to sell me your item that would fit in my collection" on their Steam profiles, because 99% of the time people directly seek out collectors in hopes that they'll pay a shitload more than anyone else because "Hey you're a collector, I'm giving you the chance to get it before anyone else!".

So basically, the only way to price them is to just list for a price and drop your price by a key every few weeks or a month until someone bites. For hugely popular cosmetics (I.E. Team Captains, Exquisite Racks, etc), they can sell for a lot, but for garbage cosmetics and weapons that people don't care about, it'll take a while to sell for something meaningful.

2 hours ago, Forgivable said:

A lot of them are on mp.tf  and are not selling at all

That's because alot of low crafts are being priced for ridiculous amounts of money when they aren't even that good/popular (often more than an unusual).

1 hour ago, n_n said:

Those are the ones you see. But there are also sales that you don't see.

Some examples:

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/810;6;n69

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/947;6;n69

Both examples are craft #69's (TEHEHEHEHEHEH 69 OMG ITS DA SEX NUMBER HAHAHAHA EPIC EBIC!!!), those sell a lot easier and quicker than virtually any other low craft number besides 1-3 and 100.

Archived