Thoughts on cauldron bubbles effect.

Dazed & Confused

Just wanted to start some discussion. I'm also wondering why it's a high tier effect. Seems just like bubbling which is one of the lowest tier effects but green. Is it desirable or just expensive because it's rare?

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

It's a halloween effect, so it's limited, decently rare, and desirable. The distinction is similar to the discrepancy between orbiting fire and eerie orbiting fire / flaming lantern.

It's a relatively rare effect from the very first wave of Halloween effects. I personally love the effect, and I'm glad that the general "IT'S UGLY!!!" stigma has kept the prices down enough for me to acquire it on my favorite hat in the game for <$100.

A lot of people dislike the effect, many just say "it's just green bubbling", but you actually have to really look at the effect in-game to get an idea of what makes it so much better than bubbling. Not only does the green color stand out better against skyboxes and light backdrops, but the effect also comes with a small green smoke effect. I also personally feel like it has somewhat more bubbles on-screen at once than normal Bubbling, but likely not, it's probably the extra visibility from the green color scheme that makes it appear that way to me.

I just think that it's an underrated effect. I don't think it should be uber-tier up there with Bonzo or even close to that, but it should at least be considered higher than the energies IMO (especially since G. Energy is impossible to even see on some brighter areas of maps like Upward first point.)

1TA6hSs.png

I think it's one that is slept on WAY more than it should be. It's got a glow that the regular Bubbling just doesn't have. Most off the low-tier Halloweens are all really good in my books.

Except Eerie. That one can fuck off.

Personally, I never liked Halloween effects (I couldn't care less for a Bonzo or ooze), if I do get some god-tier halloween effect, I will just sell it, no plans on keeping it tbh. 

As a trader however, I know everyone loves Halloween effects, so if is a good deal, I will snatch it without a second thought. 

In conclusion: Bob hates Halloween, but loves Halloween because it has good profit margins

2 hours ago, mikey boi said:

It's a relatively rare effect from the very first wave of Halloween effects. I personally love the effect, and I'm glad that the general "IT'S UGLY!!!" stigma has kept the prices down enough for me to acquire it on my favorite hat in the game for <$100.

A lot of people dislike the effect, many just say "it's just green bubbling", but you actually have to really look at the effect in-game to get an idea of what makes it so much better than bubbling. Not only does the green color stand out better against skyboxes and light backdrops, but the effect also comes with a small green smoke effect. I also personally feel like it has somewhat more bubbles on-screen at once than normal Bubbling, but likely not, it's probably the extra visibility from the green color scheme that makes it appear that way to me.

I just think that it's an underrated effect. I don't think it should be uber-tier up there with Bonzo or even close to that, but it should at least be considered higher than the energies IMO (especially since G. Energy is impossible to even see on some brighter areas of maps like Upward first point.)

1TA6hSs.png

Energy is so much more visible imho, c bubbles is a lowest of the Halloween,  eerie is also bs. I love Halloween effects but they peddled some shit at first

Well my opinion doesn't count much because as far as most traders are concerned my trading tier is at that level of -Ass fuck no where-, A level of which I can say something, people will murmur about it, another guy says the same and boom, huge debate, but no biggie. I love the effect, and comparing with the brain drain effect, its simplified slow paced effect with another undertone of quagmire-y fog really puts this up in my books. Sure you might hate the effect, but think about it: its always an upgrade to bubbling/brain drain....etc

3 minutes ago, RockSolidWood said:

Well my opinion doesn't count much because as far as most traders are concerned my trading tier is at that level of -Ass fuck no where-, A level of which I can say something, people will murmur about it, another guy says the same and boom, huge debate, but no biggie. I love the effect, and comparing with the brain drain effect, its simplified slow paced effect with another undertone of quagmire-y fog really puts this up in my books. Sure you might hate the effect, but think about it: its always an upgrade to bubbling/brain drain....etc

You can have an opinion without having a high level of trading my guy :)

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice effect but in my eyes It's simply not worth it. You can often get some plasma or energy effect for way cheaper. 

19 hours ago, mikey boi said:

1TA6hSs.png

At this point, it's about as expensive as GE if not more

Archived