a new currency other than refined

The Robot Devil

What if we had a new sub currency that isn't metal but something else that is more balanced. My suggestion is tour of duty tickets and metal can be used for handling weapons and unique low tier hats. of course by weapons I mean unique weapons. What do you all think?

Then the ticket will inflate like the key. So no. 

(My prediction could be wrong, someone with some knowledge of economics can correct me if they want)

no real point, doesn't fill any needed niche and most regular items are already very liquid for metal due to bot buyers

@Bob the Unsymmetrical

the metal-value of a key rises because there is no worthwhile metal sink (i.e. more is created than leaves the system).  marking tod tickets as a currency wouldn't change what's already occurring

What about earbuds as a new currency alternative to keys so you don't have to have so many keys in trades?

7 hours ago, The Robot Devil said:

What if we had a new sub currency that isn't metal but something else that is more balanced. My suggestion is tour of duty tickets and metal can be used for handling weapons and unique low tier hats. of course by weapons I mean unique weapons. What do you all think?

Any item with buy orders really close to sell orders can be used like currency

Strange escape plan. Much less than a key and much more than refined.

A finite, fixed quantity exist, so price should be stable or go up a bit over time.

Tickets, buds and most australiums are considered currency / pure already. 

Same for most items that have buyers at almost the same price as sellers, like Uncertain said

6 hours ago, JayTee said:

What about earbuds as a new currency alternative to keys so you don't have to have so many keys in trades?

I don’t know why this hasn’t caught on yet 

No point, everything that was or has tried to be currency has or will fail, keys are a currency because they have a use and have no limit on how many can exist, same for ToD tickets, earbuds stopped being currency because the trade limit placed by the tf2 trade window stopped existing when trading started being handled by steam, same for bill's hats

in short

Buds, Bill's = redundant as a currency

ToD, Keys = semi currency because you can get unlimited supply and are still useful other than being a cosmetic

No point making ToD's the new currency because how would you use it to divide keys without diluting the price of ToDs or inflating the price of keys?

7 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Tickets, buds and most australiums are considered currency / pure already. 

Same for most items that have buyers at almost the same price as sellers, like Uncertain said

No, they're not. They're considered liquid items with buy orders close to their sell orders. Pure is keys, items is items. Don't confuse people unnecessarily :)

55 minutes ago, Pain1463 said:

No, they're not. They're considered liquid items with buy orders close to their sell orders. Pure is keys, items is items. Don't confuse people unnecessarily :)

Thanks for your wisdom

2 hours ago, Pain1463 said:

liquid items are literally what tf2 currency is 

On 7/9/2020 at 1:54 PM, The Robot Devil said:

well we have to do something that's all I'm saying

Read literally any post. 

You've got every forums user saying exactly the same thing. 

Pointless. Ain't gonna happen. No. 

On 7/10/2020 at 7:04 PM, creepio said:

Read literally any post. 

You've got every forums user saying exactly the same thing. 

Pointless. Ain't gonna happen. No. 

well said but I don't read any other posts unless I'm bored of reading the scp wiki which is never

• 1 year later...

Archived