What weapons Need To Be Tweaked (Buffed/Nerfed/Changed)

Mr. Bigglesworth

What rarely used items need to be buffed so they become actual useful? Conversely, what weapons are used so much that it makes you suspect that there is no other competition?

Post examples below, I'd like to see people be specific on what they think should be done.

eg. I think that the Claidheamh Mòr needs a buff, because nobody ever uses it, maybe allow it to have crits. (true story) 

Allow the Neon to have random crits because nobody uses it on maps like mountainlab or upward.

On the other hand, stock stickybomb launcher is too powerful, maybe reduce limit of stickys from 8 to 6, or a 15% dmg reduction.

Righteous Bison is extremely weak.

Ali Baba's Wee Booties/Bootlegger is useless, still don't get to move around that much.

Buffalo Steak Sandvich is unused.

Red-Tape Recorder What is the point? It's a shittier version of the normal sapper. Someone explain, all it does is reverse the building...

Vita-Saw is unused.

Solemn Vow - is unused.

Widowmaker is shit.

Allow the Neon to have random crits because nobody uses it on maps like mountainlab or upward.

There are more maps that don't have any water at all where to use it properly, but it still can be used to remove sappers in the end.

Solemn Vow - is unused.

Widowmaker is shit.

Solemn Vow is a direct upgrade to Bonesaw so you could just say that do people use Bonesaw. But then again even the answer to that is no too since Ubersaw is much more better than any other saw.

Also Widowmaker is probably the only good Engineer Primary actually since you can gain metal back from using it, unless if you can't aim and play with it then I can understand your hate for it.

but it still can be used to remove sappers

But if you're going to use it just to remove sappers then home wrecker is infinite time more better there is virtually no practical uses for the neon other than dicking arpund really.

Short circuit needs a nerf too, atm it serves as a very very effective troll tool, works well vaporising many many projectiles rendering all power houses useless but you cant kill anything with it.

On the other hand, stock stickybomb launcher is too powerful, maybe reduce limit of stickys from 8 to 6, or a 15% dmg reduction.

maybe make it so it can crit enemies that have been in the water in the last 10 secs?

Liberty Launcher needs less of a damage penalty. 15-10% would probably be good.

I agree that the Claidheamh Mòr needs a buff. Crits or no health penalty would do.

The Phlogistinator needs a serious overhaul. Maybe less resistance during the taunt, Mini-crits for a longer time, more damage needed to fill the meter, or an overhauled system that caused some sort of "overheat" if you W+M1'd too much.

The Manmelter maybe getting 2 crits per extinguish and one for a compression extinguish (if you didn't have the Phlog equipped).

The Third Degree maybe doing more damage to Medics?

The Sharpened Volcano Fragment having no damage penalty. Just a straight upgrade.

The Sun-on-a-Stick having no damage penalty, and just no random crits would do.

The Big Earner having less of a health penalty. 10-15 would work.

The Eviction Notice having like a 35-40% penalty so you wouldn't be doing blatantly less damage than the fists in almost any situation. (i.e. 50% faster + 60% penalty = 52 base dmg per 2 swings. 2 swings = 1 stock swing. 1 stock swing = 65 dmg. 52 < 65.)

Too powerful? He is a bloody Demoman. That is his job. :/

That's like saying: "The Spy's stock knife is too powerful. Lets reduce the backstab damage."

Besides, it may be powerful, but it does have a "long" reload speed. 

It's a map-based thing. You only use it on maps with water, otherwise you don't use it. It's like the Pain Train, you only use it on CP and KOTH maps cause that's the only place it's useful.

big earner needs a buff; not used like, at all. 

warriors spirit needs a buff.

razorback needs a buff

bushwacka needs a nerf (no random crits)

scorch shot/detonator needs a buff

atomizer needs a buff

It seems kinda pointless to nerf stock weapons. Stock is meant to be the best option in most situations; however, they are not the only options.

Too powerful? He is a bloody Demoman. That is his job. :/

That's like saying: "The Spy's stock knife is too powerful. Lets reduce the backstab damage."

Besides, it may be powerful, but it does have a "long" reload speed. 

maybe if it were decided that the stickybomb launcher is op, maybe make the reload time longer?

The Sticky IS Op, in my opinion the best way the nerf it would be to but a delay from when you launch it to when you can set them off, like the scottish resistance.

The Sticky IS Op, in my opinion the best way the nerf it would be to but a delay from when you launch it to when you can set them off, like the scottish resistance.

But then why would anyone use the stock over the Scottish Resistance?

But yea, I know it's been said, but someone needs to remove random crits from the Bushwacka. That thing is SO broken. There's hardly a reason NOT to use it, and it's really annoying.

Righteous Bison is extremely weak.

Ali Baba's Wee Booties/Bootlegger is useless, still don't get to move around that much.

Buffalo Steak Sandvich is unused.

Red-Tape Recorder What is the point? It's a shittier version of the normal sapper. Someone explain, all it does is reverse the building...

Vita-Saw is unused.

Solemn Vow - is unused.

Widowmaker is shit.

Bison - Does 12 damage and damages enemies more than once in 1 shot and penetrates through them at hits more enemies.

Booties/bootlegger - Useful for the demoknight.

Buffalo - Good for clearing swift enemies that you can't shoot at.

Red Tape - Even if its on a building for one second, it converts it back to level 1, good for trolling and clearing sentry nests.

Vita Saw - EXTREMELY useful for 6v6 and and highlander.

Solemn - I do agree there, useless.

I use the Huo-Long heater and I find it runs out of ammo FAR too quickly. Maybe a bullet count buff is in order for this minigun too?

Also, the razorback is pointless. Spy DOES have a revolver.

Oh, and Machina. I get bodyshot by that thing FAR TOO MUCH.

That, and maybe the sleeper need a nerf.

Vita Saw - EXTREMELY useful for 6v6 and and highlander.

Too bad only ozfortress HL allows Vitasaw to be used, since all other leagues have banned it since I guess it would be a bit too useful to have 20% uber at the most stored already as you spawn.

I really don't see any reason why should any of the weapons need changes. Only thing that would need a change would be the timing for their users to know when to use their weapons when needed.

HELLO?!? FISTS OF STEEL!?!? NO ONE ELSE THOUGHT ABOUT BUFFING THOSE?

They need to do more damage/decrease the amount of damage from melee.

Because it wasn't necessarily a weapon, it was made to protect heavy from ranged weapons since he's slow moving and an easy target.

Black Box is way OP with Concheror. I'm guilty as a user and it is hilariously epic. Should be +10 with every hit imo.

Vita-Saw does need a buff, if it's only useful in comp then it's not that good...

I would say nerf the Ubersaw but then I'd get a shitstorm of you guys hating me :) admittedly it is OP though

Pan is op!!!! NEEDS LESS CRITS!!! (jks, obviously :S)

I say the Fishcake/Daklohs Bar needs a reason to be used more. The +50 health seems useful, but Medics still overheal you to 450 health, and it cant really be used in a clinch if you need a quick 200 health or if your medics burning/dying.

Also, valve REALLY needs to nerf the Saxxy. :P

A stock fireaxe needs a damage increase, because the pyro has like 3 other melee weapons that are a direct upgrade. 

Nah that would screw around with competitive as some only allow stock to be used. Also when every character uses stock items the game is perfectly balanced.

Archived