Sniper Noob

Unable to Connect to Item Server on Community Servers

Sniper Noob

I've been having this issue for about a week now. I cannot connect to the item servers on any community servers. I am also not being recognized by sourcemod as an admin on my own server or any other server. When I join the server, the logs seem to say that I join and disconnect 3 times before actually getting in (it shows 3 connect messages in chat and I can observe it in the server logs). I've reinstalled TF2 and validated my game files, but it wasn't fixed. I am able to connect just fine on valve servers and see all my items.

Hoping someone can help me as this has been going on for a while now, it seems like an issue on my end since it's happening on every single community server.

Zeus904

Sounds like something is wrong with your steam auth ticket. I'd suggest trying to relog on steam and worst case clear ur auth files and try again. Your auth files should be prefixed with ssfn and there should be a few of them. Don't share them anywhere for obvious reasons but simply delete them and restart steam. your auth files should live in the same directory as your steam exe. If that doesn't work let me know and ill do some digging into what other similarities the 2 issues share. 

UPDATE: it looks like the gslt is also a common ground here, try removing the sv_setsteamaccount line from your gslt without deleting it as a whole. (Try this fix on your server and see if you have any luck) If this line makes no sense disregard as its for the server rather than the client. 

Sniper Noob
6 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

Sounds like something is wrong with your steam auth ticket. I'd suggest trying to relog on steam and worst case clear ur auth files and try again. Your auth files should be prefixed with ssfn and there should be a few of them. Don't share them anywhere for obvious reasons but simply delete them and restart steam. your auth files should live in the same directory as your steam exe. If that doesn't work let me know and ill do some digging into what other similarities the 2 issues share. 

UPDATE: it looks like the gslt is also a common ground here, try removing the sv_setsteamaccount line from your gslt without deleting it as a whole. (Try this fix on your server and see if you have any luck) If this line makes no sense disregard as its for the server rather than the client. 

Sadly this didn't help.

Here's what it looks like from the server logs: 

L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1204><[U:1:99050325]><>" connected, address "XXXXX"
Client "[FP] Sniper Noob" connected (XXXXX).
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: [reservedslots_new.smx] ==============Server is not full
XXXXX:reconnect
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1204><[U:1:99050325]><>" disconnected (reason "Connection closing")
Dropped [FP] Sniper Noob from server (Connection closing)
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1205><[U:1:99050325]><>" connected, address "XXXXX"
Client "[FP] Sniper Noob" connected (XXXXX5).
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: [reservedslots_new.smx] ==============Server is not full
XXXXX:reconnect
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1205><[U:1:99050325]><>" disconnected (reason "Connection closing")
Dropped [FP] Sniper Noob from server (Connection closing)
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1206><[U:1:99050325]><>" connected, address "XXXXX"
Client "[FP] Sniper Noob" connected (XXXXX).
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:21: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1206><[U:1:99050325]><>" entered the game

I replaced my IP with "XXXXX". You can see it looks like I get rejected and reconnected 3 times every time I join, not sure if that's what is causing this.

Sniper Noob

To be clear, when I said I reinstalled TF2, what I meant was I clicked uninstall in the Steam library. I did NOT do a full hard wipe like written here: 

I am willing to do this if needed but would obviously prefer not to.