Is it just me or not many users are using Bazaar.tf?

Bob the Unsymmetrical

I used Bazaar.tf a lot since Outpost is gone.

I use bazaar.tf to advertise my items and sometimes use it for finding evidence for price suggestions, but I realise that not much backpack.tf users are not using Bazaar.tf. Why is that? 

31 minutes ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

I used Bazaar.tf a lot since Outpost is gone.

I use bazaar.tf to advertise my items and sometimes use it for finding evidence for price suggestions, but I realise that not much backpack.tf users are not using Bazaar.tf. Why is that? 

I have tried using Bazaar.tf lately, but to me it just feels so clunky. I hate the setup, how big everything is, navigating, all that. Backpack.tf is just overall a better trading site to list items on compared to Bazaar.tf imo. If you do use bazaar.tf, god bless, it's totally just my opinion tho

Bazaar, like the TF2OP revival project TF2Trade.org, is a relic of a bygone era, made for a different time when trading bots weren't yet a thing except on a few sites such as Scrap.tf. Now with the trade offers system and the abundancy of bots, there's no benefit to using Bazaar over just using BP.TF.

People are scared to use bazaar.tf for some reason and I have no idea why. Yes, backpack.tf is currently the most popular site to trade single items, but sites like bazaar.tf have their use as well. For example buying TF2 items with items from other games or steam inventory, or just looking for offers (without linecutting the bots). On backpack.tf, if you're looking to sell your key for items only or for example CS:GO skins, you'll get your listing removed or even temp banned. And for some reason people would prefer listing their items on "the new outpost" than on an old and established site like bazaar.tf.

Because you always get some idiot with some shady tf2 site in his name who speaks in broken english and tries to sell you a crappy item above current backpack sell orders. Admittedly I am talking about Unusual trading on bazaar, so I can't say whever other forms of trading give a better experience. However considering unusual trading is what the majority of the trading community does, the site is straight certified trash.

Most of the time I get ppl offering below buy order price for my unusuals there, I've seen a user with a Chrio Vene TC been offered 25 keys there lol, so be prepared for bs on that site. But there are still some ppl that only uses or most of the time uses bazaar, so creating a trade there won't hurt that much, good way to make more ppl see ur hat since there are alot of classie listings on bp.tf and it's quite hard to find that specific hat ur selling. With bazaar, auto-bumping allows everybody that's online at the same time as you to see the listing. Basically a website to make more ppl know about ur listing. 

But be prepared for bs, ppl there never reads the description of a listing. i.e. if u say ur not quickselling ur hat there will still be lowballer all over you. Or somebody offering above bot prices for their shitty massed flies robo hat. 

Yes I'm not a native speaker, please be forgiving if this is hard to understand. 

No real need for it anymore. Most traders try to be as hands-off as possible these days, old listing sites like that are the exact opposite of that. With how the market is now, just sites like MP/BP with promoted listings get the same job done way better.

• 6 months later...

no clue either. it seems reliable and its been around almost as long as outpost was. actually it seems to have dropped off in usage since first being released. I remember it was pretty popular while outpost was still around but ive only recently come back to trading and see that its not really used anymore. though i do see many people always longing for a outpostesque trading site again on trade server voice chats. the trading community is just very indecisive what they actually want as a platform for well. trading.

edit: woops i just realized how old this thread is lol. my bad

They should change the UI to display maybe 30-40 trades that were bumped on the first page without having to scroll down

Even with a maximum resolution display you're only going to see around 10 trades before having to scroll down, it's a major hassle in terms of having exposure plus requiring 3-4 actions to navigate through a page is archaic.

Basic UI design principles, some suggestions if bazaar staff is here:

- make default page small icon view trade which would make displaying 30-50 trades per page possible without having to scroll down

- opening a specific trade would go back to the default trading page that's shown currently at the site

- maybe in terms of cell spread design make it 4 by 10, top 3 rows are for people who pay for premium and their bumped trades go up there

Archived