I think I want to start trading once again

EarlyTrader

So TF2 trading in 2020 exists and I want to be a part of it.

Quick Introduction: I traded for like 2 months back in 2018 (I even posted a thread I didn't remember at all) before my computer broke and I had to buy a cheap laptop for school and couldn't run TF2. Because of that I haven't traded since.

I am going to buy a gaming computer this week (it should be here on Friday (I'm so fucking exited)) and because TF2 holds a special place in my hearth and I want to come back to the game, I want to try to trade for real and to make some profit.

So I have a little bit of experience as I started with 13 keys last time and traded up to 16 i think (I didn't have much time back then). I don't have any of them anymore (I think i sold them for cosmetics to use in another account).

I know low tier trading is very hard and time consuming because of all the bots, so my plan was to jump on to unusual trading directly.

I'm posting this as I'm sure many people do to ask for some advice from some more experienced people here. Like for example how many keys I should start with, what servers I should use, etc., anything you think could help. :)

BTW: are any of the trading series/guides on youtube still useful? If so would you recommend anyone? Also guides here on backpack forums or steam community or anything that you know or think helped you.

I watched Keys to Riches from The Virtual Economist back in the day and rewatched some videos this and last week, is the economy still close to what those videos portray or are there any fundamental changes?

Thanks in advance,

EarlyTrader (is there anyway I can change my name lol i created it back in 2018 and dont like it anymore xD thanks)

2 hours ago, EarlyTrader said:

I had to buy a cheap laptop for school and couldn't run TF2. Because of that I haven't traded since.

Just so you know, most of trading really revolves around using trading sites like Bazaar, Outpost (rip), backpack.tf etc and you don't really need to open the game and imo trade servers, I will go there once a week, it basically turns into a nigh club at night.

Edit: Of course trade servers are fun and help you with trading in general, but don't just rely on trade servers, when there are other sites as well.

2 hours ago, EarlyTrader said:

BTW: are any of the trading series/guides on youtube still useful? If so would you recommend anyone? Also guides here on backpack forums or steam community or anything that you know or think helped you.

I watched Keys to Riches from The Virtual Economist back in the day and rewatched some videos this and last week, is the economy still close to what those videos portray or are there any fundamental changes?

His keys to riches is an unusual trading series, not really applies to you. Plus, his methods are definitely outdated now. But concept still applies, just don't take all hus advice 100%, cus you know is 3-4 years ago. Additionally, there are a lot of smaller youtubers creating new trading series, like Alan, Spud, Excentric. They just started a new tf2 trading series this April, maybe use their vids to learn about trading.

Now advice from a person who recently got back to trading as well:

Skip scrap banking, not worth it.Sell your weapons at scrap.tf if you don't use them.

I see you have 28 ref, use that to buy cheap stranges w/ parts, resell them for profit. Or buy painted items for cheap, sell them higher etc. I use this to get out of low tier trading to now doing unusual trading, or mixed trading since I deal with everything now.

Edit: Use scrap.tf auctions, a great place to get cheap stuff and sell your hard to sell items. That's how I make most of my profits.

ey bro dont do it. find something better to waste your time on. TF2 trading is a thing of the past you'll come to find. trust me brah

3 hours ago, imlovegayhomococksupmyass said:

ey bro dont do it. find something better to waste your time on. TF2 trading is a thing of the past you'll come to find. trust me brah

why would you say that? it's not even wasting time, you can actually make good money with it. Anyways good luck EarlyTrader!

16 minutes ago, freesito said:

why would you say that? it's not even wasting time, you can actually make good money with it. Anyways good luck EarlyTrader!

He is trolling smh

8 hours ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

most of trading really revolves around using trading sites like Bazaar, Outpost (rip), backpack.tf etc and you don't really need to open the game and imo trade servers

Trading servers are important when you start off. For someone in my position, trading servers are a waste of time.

2 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Trading servers are important when you start off. For someone in my position, trading servers are a waste of time.

I think common item trade servers are good for learning and growing, but at this point unusual trade servers have dissolved into nothing more than a chatroom.

I actually wouldn't suggest you to go into trade servers. It is a big waste of time, plus, since you say you have only 2 months into trading you will probs get sharked. I would suggest you do trading in as many things as you can. Unusual trading can be a bit slow on the beginning. So having something making some-what consistent profit on the side helps a lot

Archived