Should I make my script public ?

Wsdea

Should I make my script public ?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Choose which features you'd be interested in (see below for instructions)

• Friend requests manager
    • Profile comments manager
    • Trade offer manager
    • Bolt icon
    • Automatic bot removal after you traded with them
    • None

Following up the discussion here, I considered the option for me to make my script public to make your life and your customers' life easier.

Here are the features :

Friend requests manager

• Automatically checks reputation (steamrep and bp.tf), private profile, inventory value and accepts/ignores/blocks accordingly
  • If someone really want to talk to you, they can comment first on your profile and they will be accepted (except for scammers)
  • Automatically posts a comment on their profile to tell them when you accepted or rejected their friend request
  • Instant email alerts for when you're not on your computer

Profile comments manager 

• Automatically removes comments on your profile to make sure your customers are not being added by impersonators
  • Comments will then be used to add a nickname on the person who added you to avoid losing track of them

Trade offer manager 

• Sends you an email alert when you receive a trade offer
  • Checks reputation of the sender
  • Based on your backpack.tf listings, can accept (with or without confirmation) the trade offer
  • Emergency mode if someone is trying to abuse your listings

Miscellaneous :

• Makes yourself online on backpack.tf with the hearbeat api (bolt icon)
  • Automatically removes bots you added to trade when you finished trading with them

Will I release this script ? 

It depends on your interest. At the moment, I'm using this script 24/7 but it's not ready for public yet. If I see that enough people want to use it, then I am willing to make the effort of making it public.

To show your interest, please answer in the poll below what feature you need.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I answered the poll, the friend requests manager (on its own) would be the best one to release in my opinion. Lots of potential for people to give feedback for improvement and also the most helpful one. The other features seem pretty nice, but they wouldn't add much for me yet.

not much of a fan of using my email for notifications as i never even use my email, however what im thinking is that you can send notifications and alerts through chrome (kinda like how outpost did it)

I think the idea of publicly releasing the scripts is pretty cool. That said, do these scripts (e.g. trade offer manger) use your steam secrets to run, or do they work by scraping data/obtaining it in some other way? Because if it's the former the scripts may not be of much use because 1) secrets are hard to extract and 2) secrets are a security risk if handled incorrectly.

First three are definitely gonna make our lives easier. If this is reddit, you would have gotten a silver from me. Good work!

3 hours ago, TheVirtualEconomist said:

I think the idea of publicly releasing the scripts is pretty cool. That said, do these scripts (e.g. trade offer manger) use your steam secrets to run, or do they work by scraping data/obtaining it in some other way? Because if it's the former the scripts may not be of much use because 1) secrets are hard to extract and 2) secrets are a security risk if handled incorrectly.

I am using secrets yes

9 hours ago, Beaser said:

not much of a fan of using my email for notifications as i never even use my email, however what im thinking is that you can send notifications and alerts through chrome (kinda like how outpost did it)

You can use Discord too

9 hours ago, Beaser said:

By the way guys this isn’t a tampermonkey script, it’s a python script that you need to run on a Virtual server or a raspberry or your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for my noob question but , exist a script or something  for cellphones to alert trade offers? , without have the PC on , only the cellphone

It would be awesome if you could release this, I have a raspberry pi just laying around so I would finally be able to put it to good use

• 2 months later...

Archived