Marketplace.tf promoted listings

sfpt

There doesn't seem to be a mp.tf section in these forums, so I'm posting it here.

How well do promoted listings work? People with experience, do they often end up selling your hat for you? I have a hat on marketplace right now which I feel could sell quickly if it found the right person. Do promoted listings work?

1 hour ago, sfpt said:

There doesn't seem to be a mp.tf section in these forums, so I'm posting it here.

How well do promoted listings work? People with experience, do they often end up selling your hat for you? I have a hat on marketplace right now which I feel could sell quickly if it found the right person. Do promoted listings work?

I believe a promoted listing only lasts 48 hours, but your item has a chance of being viewed on any page. 

I promoted many items when I was doing a partial cash out. Everything had 1-2K+ views in a day and my nicer items had a couple hundred “clicks”

It greatly increases exposure. Is it worth it? Idk. Popularity and price are still factors. 

Ive sold promoted items but there’s no telling if the promotion is what sold it. 

2 hours ago, creepio said:

I believe a promoted listing only lasts 48 hours, but your item has a chance of being viewed on any page. 

I promoted many items when I was doing a partial cash out. Everything had 1-2K+ views in a day and my nicer items had a couple hundred “clicks”

It greatly increases exposure. Is it worth it? Idk. Popularity and price are still factors. 

Ive sold promoted items but there’s no telling if the promotion is what sold it. 

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/30704;5;u105 this is the item i'm trying to sell. is this price a price at which someone is likely to buy it? would promoting this be worth it? i have promoted a listing once before and the item didn't sell, but i did overprice it.

MP.TF promoted listings are all lumped into a pool that continuously rotates around the main page and the little bar of items at the top of every page when you search for things. Imo, promoted listings don't really sell things faster unless you're selling for a great price / quicksell price, or you're selling something extremely rare that people really want.

6 hours ago, sfpt said:

They can help boost buy orders, the promotion also works if someone wants the item. Had an unusual Kazotsky Kick for 180$ that I promoted which sold within 2 days.

On 6/24/2020 at 3:07 AM, Uncertain said:

They can help boost buy orders, 

How do they boost buy orders? Just curious.

23 minutes ago, Frostbane said:

How do they boost buy orders? Just curious.

Promoted an item priced at 380$ with buy orders at around 130$. When I promoted the item, there was a new buy order for 200$ flat.

Archived