Bad experience with marketplace.tf

sneezewax

My account was used by someone I don't know to buy something with their own payment method, and my account is now completely locked because of it. When I try to buy something I just get the message "Unfortunately you aren't allowed to place any orders at the moment." I submitted a ticket on June 8th to try to unlock my account and I've gotten no response. This sucks because there aren't really any good alternatives to marketplace.tf. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I would panic someone has access to my steam account rather than someone ordering something of their own money via my marketplace tbh. I genuinely hope you fixed that immediately and are very sure they can not do this again in the same way.

Other than that piece of advice I have nothing real to offer though, it seems almost lunatic conspiracy minded if I think of the why (boosting price by faking sales? Money laundering? ..?)

Apart from the question of why this transaction got your account frozen (a sale is a sale, something dodgy must have happened for it go be flagged like thisw no?) I think some sort of proof from your personal end or acknowledgement from steam that your account was accessed illigitemately might help your cause (if that is possible to obtain).

I was pretty confused about why someone would use my account to buy something with their own money, but I've changed my passwords and there were no problems beyond my marketplace.tf account being locked for what is looking forever 😕 I should have mentioned that I submitted a ticket when I realized my account had been accessed, and I got a response recommending I change my passwords. Next time I open marketplace.tf I was blocked from making purchases. So I feel like they already knew that my account was accessed and the problem was basically solved, but they blocked my account after the fact. :(:(:(

Use mannco, skinbaron, skinbay, csdeals, etc. there actually are a lot of alternatives. On the other hand, how did someone you dont know use your account? Did you check if you have API keys?

4 hours ago, sneezewax said:

My account was used by someone I don't know to buy something with their own payment method, and my account is now completely locked because of it. When I try to buy something I just get the message "Unfortunately you aren't allowed to place any orders at the moment." I submitted a ticket on June 8th to try to unlock my account and I've gotten no response. This sucks because there aren't really any good alternatives to marketplace.tf. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I got an automated email from marketplace.tf saying there was suspicious activity, and they were pausing a transaction, it gave me the choice to accept the transaction but not deny it. That's why I put in a ticket asking them to deny the purchase, and that someone accessed my account. I eventually got an email telling me they allowed the transaction, which didn't make much sense to me but I guess they didn't even use my money. It was kind of a freak thing but I just want to use my marketplace.tf account again. Thanks for showing me some alternatives, I'll probably use those

All I can think is that your account was compromised and the person that did it may have logged into marketplace.tf not realizing he was using your account still.

Your lack of insecurity regarding your account being compromised is a bit concerning. 

If what you're saying is actually the truth, I would contact marketplace.tf and let them know they need to flag the specific payment method used by the "hacker". They could use it to potentially connect to a variety of other transactions. Potentially expose a main account..

Whatever the deal really is, it's certainly not Marketplace.tf's fault your account was hijacked. 

It seems like you might not have read my comments. I've changed my passwords, and there haven't been any problems. There isn't much I can do beyond that. And as I've mentioned, I did contact marketplace.tf about it and what they recommended was to change my passwords. I'm not blaming marketplace.tf about my account being hijacked, my problem is I'm no longer able to make purchases on marketplace.tf.

48 minutes ago, sneezewax said:

It seems like you might not have read my comments. I've changed my passwords, and there haven't been any problems. There isn't much I can do beyond that. And as I've mentioned, I did contact marketplace.tf about it and what they recommended was to change my passwords. I'm not blaming marketplace.tf about my account being hijacked, my problem is I'm no longer able to make purchases on marketplace.tf.

Be patient as they aren't the quickest to respond and I'm sure they will have to reconfirm your identity.

Archived