i just got scammed

linktidal

i just got scammed on the community market, i thought a hat was spelled but the guy just put a description that said it was spelled, how do i get my money back? i sold a key to get it and im freaking out

Just curious, what does it look like when you buy it? How could someone not read before buying the hats from the community market? I am not criticising you, just generally curious.

sorry but you fell for a really cheap trick, if not the cheapest. Learn from this mistake and never make it again.

1 hour ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

Just curious, what does it look like when you buy it? How could someone not read before buying the hats from the community market? I am not criticising you, just generally curious.

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange Ambassador?filter=halloween spell

here's an example on a different item

Report him on steam and bp.tf, you should have the seller's info in your SCM history. Can't do much else but try to stop him from scamming others.

1 hour ago, Lucky Jackie said:

people are still doing this

Considering spells are growing in popularity and valve, being valve, does nothing about scummy people existing... yes this is still happening

31 minutes ago, saveriocello said:

this is the oldest trick in the book lmao, its one key don't sweat it 

there are plenty of older tricks..

you probably only lost a couple of dollars. i recommend you to shrug it off.

next time, check if it has any blue text. does not have a description with blue words, its not spelled

The best way to avoid getting scammed in the future is to hold yourself accountable in the present. Now you will second guess everything and be more careful in future dealings.

Archived