Oh lord please sell my hat.

pootisMan

This person sold a Vintage Tyrolean (painted im not that dumb) for 8 ref which was worth 16 ref. Silly me bought it and no one will buy. It sucks since I am new to trading and I don't have much metal left. Also they took my steam trading card. So maybe u just like the hat, you might want this.

I recommend auction the hat off in scrap.tf. Experiment with different minimum bids if the hat doesn't sell and see how it goes.

3 hours ago, pootisMan said:

This person sold a Vintage Tyrolean (painted im not that dumb) for 8 ref which was worth 16 ref. Silly me bought it and no one will buy. It sucks since I am new to trading and I don't have much metal left. Also they took my steam trading card. So maybe u just like the hat, you might want this.

Before pressing on the PANIC button just yet, wait a few days for offers. Sales aren't always quick. 

It's worth noting that Balaclavas takes longer to sell than the premier colored paints, and that painted hats have become a big enough market that "add half value of paint" or listening to exact bp.tf valuing is an incorrect way to judge price of said items.

10 hours ago, Mikers said:

It's worth noting that Balaclavas takes longer to sell than the premier colored paints, and that painted hats have become a big enough market that "add half value of paint" or listening to exact bp.tf valuing is an incorrect way to judge price of said items.

Since I am also kinda new to this modified items (eg stranges with parts and painted hats). Is it profitable if say I buy the item for 10% of the part/paint + item price and resell it for profit (or auction it off)

It depends on the item and paint applied.  When you're looking around think about the hat and if the paint fits/matches.  The better the combo the more likely someone will be willing to buy it.  

Archived