Negative Reputation

CatsSeeAll

I now have negative reputation after a bad suggestion. What effects does this have. it seems to be that when I search for an item on google and click the link I just get taken to the home page.

It prevents you from making price suggestions, to prevent troll suggestions.

Negative reputation depreciates daily, you can also gain rep by voting on price suggestions.

I dislike the negative rep for the first suggestion someone ever makes. Usually yea its gonna be bad and misinformed, but its usually not a troll

• 1 month later...

Yeah on my very first price suggestion, I got -4 reputation after deleting my own suggestion. It was only up for about an hour.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, Crazyy Cow said:

I dislike the negative rep for the first suggestion someone ever makes. Usually yea its gonna be bad and misinformed, but its usually not a troll

then think of it as a sign to slow down and figure out what to do differently/better.  Very often, I see that a new suggester makes a bad suggestion, then makes another suggestion with the same mistake, then makes another suggestion with the same mistake, etc. (and it's not usually some mistake on a finer point of pricing/suggesting, it's usually a fundamental thing like 3 =/= 4)

edit: ah just noticing the guy above me necroed this, oh well

Archived