Suggesting updated prices on unusuals you purchased

☞SH☜ Dr. Psychotic

I have a question regarding suggesting price updates to unusuals the price suggester has recently purchased.

In the past (years ago) i have seen this be frowned upon and later lead to a suggestion being denied.

Basically, if i have an unusual that I buy and want to suggest a price update on. Would that be frowned up, or accepted?

You're more than welcome to update the price of an unusual you purchase, as long as you're including other sales that have occurred within the last (usually) 3 months on the item. You'll also need to make sure that if an unusual sold for other unusuals, that the price of the other unusuals involved are in-date (3 months). If not, you'll need to look into the sales of those unusuals involved.

I've seen a lot of collectors/buyers who buy to keep with pure put up suggestions that pass. That said, jarool is right, its gotta be accurate.

Guilty of doing this myself, didnt realise it had a negative gloom around it.

As long as the suggestion is accurate it shouldnt be too much of a problem, as long as you recognise that your individual purchase could be an outlier.

I've gotten several unusual suggestions passed on 1-of-1's and 1-of-2's that I've purchased over the last year or so. It's not frowned upon as long as you're giving the correct proof and include all sales of what you bought as if it were a normal suggestion.

It used to be a much bigger negative thing (I remember the days when you would get 20+ comments on most suggestions and you'd get those people going "YOU OWN IT, PRICE MANIPULATION!!!" and other shit.), but nowadays it isn't at all and anyone that says it is or ever said it is is a total idiot.

As long as you do it properly, sure. Hell, I really have only ever suggested on items I've owned. Never been an issue for me.

Archived