Question about Aces High Bot Dogger

monky

Hello economists, I have a question about the Aces High Bot Dogger I have.
I'm not quite sure whether I should just trade it off to tradeit.gg or to keep it. The price is 3 years old, and literally nobody wants it. I feel like it'd be worth it to just trade it off to tradeit.gg and get stuff like a Bill's Hat which would be much more worth it.
So, what should I do? I would like an answer.

edit: I've made my decision, thanks!

They're offering less than buyers on every single one of my hats, low and high tier. I really dont see how people think they're getting a good deal from these sites

10 minutes ago, Brown said:

They're offering less than buyers on every single one of my hats, low and high tier. I really dont see how people think they're getting a good deal from these sites

imperfect information

If you're totally done with it and just want to get rid of it, first see what scrap.tf's unusual selling will pay for it (for low/bottom tier hats they sometimes pay more than backpack.tf buy orders), and compare it to bp.tf buy orders. Sell to whichever is higher. Tradeit.gg doesn't pay jack squat in a bucket for it.

Total side note but I'm still struggling to find out why Valve thought that the Hot Dogger and Bot Dogger were better as all-class hats, since Scout is the only one that even fits it really. Wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to make a bunch of hats all-class to increase the hat pool for the multi-class keyless crate they released a few months later.

12 minutes ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

imperfect information

916e1443338111085e8a9da68bbdbb29.png

8d0d50b831e7441ff463ad7afc592f6f.png

They price their keys at ~$3, and buy based on their cash pricing

Stormy Outdoorsman buyers at 6.6 keys on bp, tradeit pays (16.62/2.98) 5.5 keys

(Strange) Neutron Star Bot Dogger buyers at 14.92 keys, tradit pays 10.4 keys

etc

3 hours ago, Brown said:

916e1443338111085e8a9da68bbdbb29.png

8d0d50b831e7441ff463ad7afc592f6f.png

Stormy Outdoorsman buyers at 6.6 keys on bp, tradeit pays (16.62/2.98) 5.5 keys

(Strange) Neutron Star Bot Dogger buyers at 14.92 keys, tradit pays 10.4 keys

etc

well you said you don't understand why people would think they're getting a good deal.  people have imperfect information, same as why people still fall for the same old scams

5 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

well you said you don't understand why people would think they're getting a good deal.  people have imperfect information, same as why people still fall for the same old scams

O gotcha. Even by normal key prices theyd be lowballing, youd think theyd inflate values on both sides to hide it a little better.

11 hours ago, Mikers said:

Total side note but I'm still struggling to find out why Valve thought that the Hot Dogger and Bot Dogger were better as all-class hats, since Scout is the only one that even fits it really. Wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to make a bunch of hats all-class to increase the hat pool for the multi-class keyless crate they released a few months later.

IIRC, much like how the Hazmat is equippable by the Sniper, the creator of the hat made it all-class as a joke workshop update, but then Valve decided to make it real.

12 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

IIRC, much like how the Hazmat is equippable by the Sniper, the creator of the hat made it all-class as a joke workshop update, but then Valve decided to make it real.

Hazmat is only pyro and sniper, not all class is it? Edit: 

On 6/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, Brown said:

I just had to read that for me to tell you to stick with the cancer instead of losing 20%+ of the value of your item off the bat + whatever discount they put atop of robo's.

Quicksell it to a real person and get a better price by even 1 key.

Archived