Need advice for selling unpriced unusuals

lilbirdie

I had just recently bought a Steaming Defragmenting Hard Hat 17% off of someone a few days ago with a mixed offer, but it's currently unpriced and that makes it hard to sell to anybody that isnt trying to shark or scam. Should I just wait for it to get priced? I'm personally not confident enough to make a price suggestion myself, but should I? 

You can make a price suggestion yourself, but if you're not experienced with unusual suggestions, I'd ask for the help of others with more experience to get some proof of sales.

you probably wanna re-evaluate your trading strategy if you're buying unpriceds without knowing what you're doing...

13 minutes ago, Josik said:

How much did you pay for the hat if you dont mind me asking ?

Looks like a beams buckaroos hat, 8 keys and some ref

33 minutes ago, Josik said:

How much did you pay for the hat if you dont mind me asking ?

A beams buckaroos hat and 6 keys.

2 hours ago, Uncertain said:

You can make a price suggestion yourself, but if you're not experienced with unusual suggestions, I'd ask for the help of others with more experience to get some proof of sales.

How do you get proof of sales?

2 hours ago, lilbirdie said:

How do you get proof of sales?

There are resources here in backpack.tf that helps with that, such as item histories, comparing the user's inventories etc. 

Also check what the other steaming defrags were sold for, if it involves outdated unusuals (more than 3 months), you will need to make a mini suggestion on those to. In your case, the beams buckaroo is outdated. So, you will need to make a price suggestion for that too.

You can assume that the price would be similar to the smoking Defrag Hat (60 keys) since both effects are similar. However, since there are 3 of the steaming variant compared to 1 of the smoking variant, it should be less. The price you have it set at (50 keys) seems fair to me.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a steaming collector out there... He might be interested in buying your hat as he also mains engineer (I think). 

10 hours ago, vAGUe said:

You can assume that the price would be similar to the smoking Defrag Hat (60 keys) since both effects are similar. However, since there are 3 of the steaming variant compared to 1 of the smoking variant, it should be less. The price you have it set at (50 keys) seems fair to me.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a steaming collector out there... He might be interested in buying your hat as he also mains engineer (I think). 

Oh cool! Do you know who they are?

19 hours ago, lilbirdie said:

Oh cool! Do you know who they are?

Just a heads up, contacting collectors is a good way to get blocked.

Collectors that are actively collecting know what's out there. If they want it, they will contact you.

5 hours ago, creepio said:

Just a heads up, contacting collectors is a good way to get blocked.

Collectors that are actively collecting know what's out there. If they want it, they will contact you.

Pretty much. Often because collectors would prefer to wait an extra few months to snatch something for their collection at a good deal rather than have someone bug them about paying extra just because "cmon bro you collect them don't you want this??"

Archived