Attention bot owners

Medic Bot

Some "not so advanced" homemade bots, to check if they are interested in the items the user want to sell, use a list with name, craftable and quality, and on those simple bots those informations are obtained this way:

- Name: just the item market_name

- Craftable: it is craftable if there's no "Not usable in crafting" string

- Quality it is unique unless it starts with vintage, unusual, genuine, strange, etc

Those simple bots may fall for this scam as this steam item is named "Bill's Hat" just like the tf2 item, does not contain the "Not usable in crafting" string and does not start with vintage, strange, etc so it is considered unique.

Always check that the appid is 440 (tf2's appid), many bots like mine won't have any problem with those scam attempts but many simple, not very advanced bots, may fall for it, so double check that your system to confirm that the item's gameid is 440 works properly.

No person in their right mind would fall for this as the image is very different from the tf2's item, so i suppose it is targeted towards bots, in fact it is my bot that received this offer and promptly declined it.

So if you made your bot yourself double check that it detects correctly the item's gameid to avoid being scammed.

immagine.png.195a24c8596408205208fc23401ea781.png

Pretty sure most, if not all, of the bots currently running do enough checks 😄

3 hours ago, MFB Goobie said:

Bots were a mistake.

6/11 of your unusuals come from bots

1 minute ago, Zeus_Junior said:

That is true but that "most" is the catch, some bots just don't and some are extremely simple, seeing that there's a scam method clearly targeting bots it means that someone had good "profits" with it. So its very important that whoever made its own bot checks the gameid too together with the other stuff. For example my bot, which i made myself, didn't check for appid for its first 2 weeks due to a bug, luckly nothing bad happened in that time.

2 hours ago, sfpt said:

nobody makes their own bot they just use tf automatic which has plenty of checks

Plenty of people make their own bots (me included), just a simple google search will show you endless amounts of people who discuss apis and stuff for their self-made bots.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:07 PM, Zeus_Junior said:

6/11 of your unusuals come from bots

Because you can't buy those off of human beings anymore friend :^)

Archived