Is marketplace.tf still active?

crafturtoe

I bought about 37 keys less than a day ago, so I put in my debit card details and the order was being reviewed. The next morning I was told to verify myself with IDs, Bank card and my bill. If I have to verify my card, do I have to wait very long to get my items? I have seen some forums where people said that they are stuck for over a month because they used bank card and there is only 1 person incharge of the card verification? Kinda concerned after seeing those posts...And I don't live in the US, verifying my address would take too long.

Will it go through the same process again when I buy something from them next time? 

Usually they just do it once unless something happens that will make them do it again.

I would still verify your address, even if it takes weeks. I think you get a free key by doing so anyway.

2 hours ago, crafturtoe said:

I bought about 37 keys less than a day ago, so I put in my debit card details and the order was being reviewed. The next morning I was told to verify myself with IDs, Bank card and my bill. If I have to verify my card, do I have to wait very long to get my items? I have seen some forums where people said that they are stuck for over a month because they used bank card and there is only 1 person incharge of the card verification? Kinda concerned after seeing those posts...And I don't live in the US, verifying my address would take too long.

Will it go through the same process again when I buy something from them next time? 

Marketplace is alive and verification is fairly quick, from my experience.

Thanks for the info, do processing and verification go on as usual during the weekends? Probably made a mistake buying it on Friday time in US *sigh*

They just verify the same card once right? Don't really want to wait days just to buy some more keys off the site again 😥

2 hours ago, Snizzle said:

Usually they just do it once unless something happens that will make them do it again.

I would still verify your address, even if it takes weeks. I think you get a free key by doing so anyway.

Yeah, already sent my Driving license/bills etc that they needed to verify, I wonder how long it will take for the postcard to reach halfway across the globe though.

Sorry for double posting >_>

48 minutes ago, crafturtoe said:

Thanks for the info, do processing and verification go on as usual during the weekends? Probably made a mistake buying it on Friday time in US *sigh*

Is all automated, lets say you buy a key, you pay, after the payment is successfully processed (even on weekends these credit card companies/banks' systems are still working, only the actual staff are not there.) The Marketplace bot will send you a trade offer and you accept it, easy. As for address verification, it depends on the postal services you using, they never work on Sundays and public holidays, so you will probably get your mail by next week.

Edit: If you are not US, then it really depends on your country/city's postal service.

22 minutes ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

Is all automated, lets say you buy a key, you pay, after the payment is successfully processed (even on weekends these credit card companies/banks' systems are still working, only the actual staff are not there.) The Marketplace bot will send you a trade offer and you accept it, easy. As for address verification, it depends on the postal services you using, they never work on Sundays and public holidays, so you will probably get your mail by next week.

Edit: If you are not US, then it really depends on your country/city's postal service.

Thanks for the info on the address verification, but I think it will take weeks because the postal service here is overloaded due to shortages of workers caused by the virus outbreak.

What about the identity verification where they ask you for front and back of a card with number/cvv censored, your ID and bills? Do those get verified during the weekends since they are operated by marketplace.tf?

1 hour ago, crafturtoe said:

What about the identity verification where they ask you for front and back of a card with number/cvv censored, your ID and bills? Do those get verified during the weekends since they are operated by marketplace.tf?

I assume you mean if they verify the card you use to pay for Marketplace items.  I don't study nor work on the IT field, but I can ensure you if they can process your payment through said card, then they have verified your card to be real (when you first use the card, the system will always use 0.01 USD to check if that card is valid.) As always, everything is automatic, other than address verification.

18 minutes ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

I assume you mean if they verify the card you use to pay for Marketplace items.  I don't study nor work on the IT field, but I can ensure you if they can process your payment through said card, then they have verified your card to be real (when you first use the card, the system will always use 0.01 USD to check if that card is valid.) As always, everything is automatic, other than address verification.

Uhhh...I mean they will need a human being to look at the photos I submitted for the identity verification right? (Well atleast I read they are for preventing fraud), That got me thinking if I should not buy the day before they stop working...*sigh*. Also realised cant add anymore orders before they get my card/identity verified.

Any experience on how long your first order would take to get sorted out using bank cards?

43 minutes ago, Snizzle said:

i think it took like 8 or so hours? after they had me send in the stuff they wanted.

Ouch. I submitted my identity verification stuff for like 18 hours now still not approved. 

Since we are talking about Marketplace if you are planning on selling some keys do you also need to do this whole adress verification process , I dont mind the ID thing and the other stuff. Mail in my country is collapsed atm so It would be impossible I think to get a mail.

18 minutes ago, Josik said:

if you are planning on selling some keys do you also need to do this whole adress verification process

Identity verification is to prevent fraud so sellers do not need that.

All you need is a verified phone number (or verified address as alternative): https://marketplace.tf/blog/posts/CXEXQM

Archived