Your funniest moment you had while trading

Bob the Unsymmetrical

1 hour ago, phenompak said:

B8jdMR7.png

n3LKPew.png

Reminds me of another story of mine.

I remember the day when valve rolled an update for tf2, that allowed the gas passer / thermal Thruster / dragon fury to drop regulary in the drop system. Me and friends installed the update and started playing. Literally upon entering the main menu i found a thermal thruster. A friend of mine said jokingly that this might be the first ever dropped thermal thruster in the game, so i listed it for 5 keys.

Little did i know, a former friend of mine wanted the thermal thruster, and so he bought it for a 9 keys unusual taunt.https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198105731173#!/compare/1524700800/1524787200

....a day later bp.tf premium showed a thermal thruster with a lower id so it was no longer the first, but 2nd thermal thruster. He ended up buying the real first one too, not from me tho

1 hour ago, Wtcce4 said:

I got one, I remember back when I first started unusual trading, I got a wild offer of 3 keys in *scrap* and a $25 irl watch for a crappy medic hat, I wish I still had the screenshots from that trade 

Gib us Screenshot

3 hours ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

.a day later bp.tf premium showed a thermal thruster with a lower id so it was no longer the first

I was not here when Jungle Inferno dropped, but would like to ask why did people think there won't be any drops?

I remember this one time when I was buying crates for a pretty epic meme like around a good 2 years or so ago. So some guy hits me up with a trade, I give him a refined and he gives me like a million cases/crates. Ah, good times. 

11 hours ago, Brown said:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/alienkiy

Have gotten an offer from this guy recently, checked his profile and found a bit of a rabbit hole

Claims he owns a symbol, "/)" pastes it everywhere, has it "officially" registered under his name https://nick-name.ru/nickname/id1306262/

Owns upwards of 20 different accounts just to comment under his profile about him creating the symbol, and alien imagery apparently

Group with 14k members https://steamcommunity.com/groups/AlienSwami

Was he famous or something?

weird

f157315918e2e84452c15d3f8dce8edc.png

5f292a3c1271d966839e3cf898f0c164.png

bd960a8f8972954c958cbb4c53f0277d.png

I kid you not, that's not his symbol. That's a brony symbol and he doesn't even realize it omega

I've had many funny moments and trades, some of which I've unfortunately forgotten.

One I remember is when I went on firepowered and bought an unusual in refined (keys were around 30-40 ref at the time I think) well have him 15 keys worth of ref and he crashed the server when they showed up in chat.

Another one was when I bought an unusual in candy, like 500-800 weapons, I can't remember.

10 hours ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

I was not here when Jungle Inferno dropped, but would like to ask why did people think there won't be any drops?

When the update came out and for a while afterwards, the only way you could get the new weapons was through the contracts, they were all untradeable. It was a good few months before you could actually get them as drops.

A bit after Scream Fortress 2018, I bought a White Lightning Tank Top for 11 keys, sold it for a small profit, then a few weeks later thought 'I liked that hat, I'll see if I can get another one' 

Checked the classifieds, the exact same one, for sale at 11 keys again

Bought it, it's a keeper now :)

I received a random invite from one of my impersonators. They wanted to buy my hats with cash to add to their collection. They then linked me to my own backpack. 

Around 3 days ago a kid commented in my profile saying he added me and that it was urgent (it was the typicall story of "I reported your account by mistake").

What was funny to me is I dont have any unusual at the moment or any high tier weapons so this kid story was that he wanted to report his friend who has been duping keys but reported me , I had a couple keys in my inventory so he needed me to add a Valve employee on Discord so he can make sure my keys werent duped

Archived