australium prices rising - what’s going on?

33rdAvenue

I’m relatively experienced. Recently i’ve noticed that some aussie weapons, including the grenade launcher, sticky launcher, and rocket launcher, have drastically risen in price. The rocket launcher used to be 32-34 keys, but now the lowest seller is for 40? What’s happening?

My guess is because they are useful to use as pure for expensive items, and also less players playing MvM, so less coming onto the market.

From what I've seen the price of australiums fluctuates quite a bit anyway. The prices should return to normal some time in the future.

5 hours ago, Flamadin said:

My guess is because they are useful to use as pure for expensive items, and also less players playing MvM, so less coming onto the market.

If anything there are more people playing mvm now than there ever has been in the past so the player count is not the influencer. Definately not while lockdown is still in place across various parts of the world

noticed this with the medi gun and eyelander especially. i remember owning a pro ks aus medi gun back in 2016, most i got for it was 35 or 40 keys or something

2 hours ago, Brown said:

noticed this with the medi gun and eyelander especially. i remember owning a pro ks aus medi gun back in 2016, most i got for it was 35 or 40 keys or something

There are less than 2000 Aussi Eyelander, its quite a rare one 

2 minutes ago, Forgivable said:

There are less than 2000 Aussi Eyelander, its quite a rare one 

This is why it's price is higher than aussie axtinguisher

23 hours ago, Flamadin said:

I agree with this statement, I remember rather than buying many keys at once, I was thinking of just buying 4 aussie rocket launchers instead to pay for something

Yeah, I probably spoke too soon about not many playing MvM. I just know my old fellow MvM players are not playing TF2 lately, but it appears plenty of new players taking their place.

Also, looking at this more closely, I suspect one or a few players are hoarding some of these high end aussies, possibly to make a big unusual purchase.

1 hour ago, Shovel the 3rd said:

tacobot is killing mvm

Thats dead isn't it

As for the thread, this happens quite often with aussies. Looking at the australium sniper rifle for example, from the end of february to now its been 23, 24, 27, 23, 25, 24, 26, 33-34 for some reason,  29, 27, 25 again, then 28 and now like 26-27 again

Not very odd that they change a few keys :) 

• 1 year later...
On 5/20/2020 at 2:52 AM, DanielDee said:

If anything there are more people playing mvm now than there ever has been in the past so the player count is not the influencer. Definately not while lockdown is still in place across various parts of the world

On 5/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, Nikspy said:

From what I've seen the price of australiums fluctuates quite a bit anyway. The prices should return to normal some time in the future.

A year later, and Aussie Rocket Launcher prices are at 53-58 keys

Any guesses? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this

Edit: Just checked, seems to have been a recent phenomenon in the past year or so.

Edit2: Damn, seems to be the case with Aussie Stickybomb launcher too. From about 22 keys to 33 in the span of a fucking month. Bots manipulating prices maybe?

Archived