autoexec.cfg question

JayTuut

So my autoexec file follows:

11E6xvF.png

I recently took this from a YT video because even with my i7-7700k and a GTX 1080 my game was still dropping to 40 fps.

But when you kill someone, they just disappear, which is meant to put less strain on your game so theres not heaps of bodies/ragdolls but, what do I adjust to make the bodies disappear after like 1-2 seconds after dying? Because like them disappearing as soon as you kill them (literally like the speed of light) just feels really.. odd, like you kinda wonder if you actually killed them.

This isn't going to answer your question, but with my i5 6400, I can get over 160 plus fps. The main thing I enabled was multi core rendering, sometimes it comes pre-applied as off for some reason. 

As a side note, some of those settings can really screw up your game, I've seen it happen first hand, models missing, players invisible etc. 

Change the ragdoll_fadetime to something other than 0, like someone else said. However, with your setup you REALLY should be able to run TF2 at more than 500 frames, let alone 40+! Try a mastercomfig preset and updating your video drivers, I'm on a 2060 and i5 8400, much worse specs than yours and I push 300+ frames on mastercomfig medium high. Do you have anything running constantly in the background? You've really gotta check up on the health of your system man

I also have a 1080 with an i5-7500 so lower specs than you and I'm perfectly capable of running stable 60 fps on 1440p high textures, while recording 1080p, you def don't need any fancy settings to get stable fps. Like others said, make sure multicore is on and drivers updated, maybe if you're on 4k you would need to lower your visuals but I doubt it.

I have

mat_mipmaptextures 1

cl_detailfade 400

cl_detaildist 1200

r_drawdetailprops 1

mp_decals 4096

r_decals 2048

cl_phys_props_enable 1

cl_phys_props_max 300

props_break_max_pieces -1

r_propsmaxdist 1200

g_ragdoll_fadespeed 600

g_ragdoll_lvfadespeed 100

ragdoll_sleepaftertime 5.0f

cl_ragdoll_fade_time 15

cl_ragdoll_forcefade 0

cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 1

mat_queue_mode -1

lod_TransitionDist 800

r_lod -1

r_shadows 1

mat_hdr_level 0

mat_vsync 0

mat_dxlevel 95

tf_enable_glows_after_respawn 1

2 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

I also have a 1080 with an i5-7500 so lower specs than you and I'm perfectly capable of running stable 60 fps on 1440p high textures, while recording 1080p, you def don't need any fancy settings to get stable fps. Like others said, make sure multicore is on and drivers updated, maybe if you're on 4k you would need to lower your visuals but I doubt it.

I have

Reveal hidden contents

mat_mipmaptextures 1

cl_detailfade 400

cl_detaildist 1200

r_drawdetailprops 1

mp_decals 4096

r_decals 2048

cl_phys_props_enable 1

cl_phys_props_max 300

props_break_max_pieces -1

r_propsmaxdist 1200

g_ragdoll_fadespeed 600

g_ragdoll_lvfadespeed 100

ragdoll_sleepaftertime 5.0f

cl_ragdoll_fade_time 15

cl_ragdoll_forcefade 0

cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 1

mat_queue_mode -1

lod_TransitionDist 800

r_lod -1

r_shadows 1

mat_hdr_level 0

mat_vsync 0

mat_dxlevel 95

tf_enable_glows_after_respawn 1

I'm on 2k (1440p) highest settings, recording and streaming at the same time, 144hz.

7 hours ago, Goldeneyes said:

Change the ragdoll_fadetime to something other than 0, like someone else said. However, with your setup you REALLY should be able to run TF2 at more than 500 frames, let alone 40+! Try a mastercomfig preset and updating your video drivers, I'm on a 2060 and i5 8400, much worse specs than yours and I push 300+ frames on mastercomfig medium high. Do you have anything running constantly in the background? You've really gotta check up on the health of your system man

As seen above, i think this just happens when im recording (with plays.tv) and streaming (to twitch with streamlabs OBS)

I normally get like 240-320 fps, but recently its been like 200, but then dropping to like 20-40 fps. Idk what a masterconfig is, and my drivers are the latest (not that they'd effect tf2 probs but yeah they're always on the latest)

36 minutes ago, JayTee said:

As seen above, i think this just happens when im recording (with plays.tv) and streaming (to twitch with streamlabs OBS)

I normally get like 240-320 fps, but recently its been like 200, but then dropping to like 20-40 fps. Idk what a masterconfig is, and my drivers are the latest (not that they'd effect tf2 probs but yeah they're always on the latest)

Check your hdd health, if that looks good then reset ur NVIDIA control panel settings as it has a tendency to bork things if they get changed too much.  If you are on an hdd make sure its not too full either try and keep it at around 70% empty for performance sake. If all else fails check ur cpu temp and percentages it just might be time for a thermal paste change.

12 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

Check your hdd health, if that looks good then reset ur NVIDIA control panel settings as it has a tendency to bork things if they get changed too much.  If you are on an hdd make sure its not too full either try and keep it at around 70% empty for performance sake. If all else fails check ur cpu temp and percentages it just might be time for a thermal paste change.

It's on my fairly new SSD lmao.

And as for the CPU temp, it does get higher then it should (like 80-85 degrees) but I literally put brand new cooler and brand new thermal paste on it less than 2 months ago.

You've got a 1080, why do you use plays? If it's impacting your performance, just stick with shadowplay. That's REALLY abnormal for your CPU to be that high, I'd check that your cooler is mounted correctly and reapply thermal paste. It shouldn't be going that high. A mastercomfig is a config that optimizes your game for your specs to improve FPS.

Here's a link to mastercomfig's website https://mastercomfig.com/ 

2 hours ago, Goldeneyes said:

You've got a 1080, why do you use plays? If it's impacting your performance, just stick with shadowplay. That's REALLY abnormal for your CPU to be that high, I'd check that your cooler is mounted correctly and reapply thermal paste. It shouldn't be going that high. A mastercomfig is a config that optimizes your game for your specs to improve FPS.

Here's a link to mastercomfig's website https://mastercomfig.com/ 

Nah shadowplay is trash, and plays doesn't really ever effect my performance.

As for the "abnormal for ur CPU to be that high" its better, it used to be running at constant 100 degrees celcius, so 80 degrees is good now i got my new cooler. I've been through 2 coolers and around 10 reapplications of thermal paste. The i7-7700k is just a notoriously hot CPU. Many have had this problem. I could "de-lid" the cpu if I really wanted to go cooler but eh. As long as its below 90 its fine.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, Nope! said:

I’m guessing you would have to change to ragdoll_fadetime to something other than zero

Its default is 15 (i assume seconds) so i made it 3, but it still doesn't work. Maybe the forcefade just makes it instant? not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 2:09 AM, JayTee said:

Nah shadowplay is trash, and plays doesn't really ever effect my performance.

As for the "abnormal for ur CPU to be that high" its better, it used to be running at constant 100 degrees celcius, so 80 degrees is good now i got my new cooler. I've been through 2 coolers and around 10 reapplications of thermal paste. The i7-7700k is just a notoriously hot CPU. Many have had this problem. I could "de-lid" the cpu if I really wanted to go cooler but eh. As long as its below 90 its fine.

Its default is 15 (i assume seconds) so i made it 3, but it still doesn't work. Maybe the forcefade just makes it instant? not sure.

Hey sorry been a bit, it's not seconds for the ragdollfadetime, it's ticks. 15 is generally the norm I think. Why is shadowplay trash? It makes great quality videos for me

Archived