Loaner items

A_TRAFFIC_CONE

Ok so I have a psychedelic slugger revolver (Well Worn) and it has the loaner tag on it. 

I was curious if it added anything and if so how much?

"( Loaner - Cannot be traded, marketed, crafted, or modified )"

It's worth 0 dollars and 0 cents.

Unless it's actually tradable, in which case there's some glitch collectors to ask.

It might add some value, someone once told me a sticky with this certain "glitch" went for few keys higher and some just for few refs, sooo... prolly a collector thing

Why is this glitch there? It got exchanged for a better grade before a certain update but i dont know much about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , if you do want know more about that you can google it, there are some posts on steam about that. (but no worries you still can trade it, the tag lies)

I have had a fair few of these and As far as i can tell when they introduced the loaner items to allow people to complete weapon specific contracts. if a box was unboxed, or blood money was spent to unbox a warpaint or an item dropped, sometimes randomly the unboxed/dropped item would also share the same tag. As its clearly not a loaner item  as was an unbox if you are unable to trade it, which 50% are actually untradeable from my experience. For example if it says non tradeable. Contact steam support and they will change the attributes to make it tradeable. However it will lose the loaner item meta tag

8 hours ago, Mikers said:

Unless it's actually tradable, in which case there's some glitch collectors to ask.

It's tradable.

3 hours ago, DanielDee said:

As far as i can tell when they introduced the loaner items to allow people to complete weapon specific contracts. if a box was unboxed, or blood money was spent to unbox a warpaint or an item dropped, sometimes randomly the unboxed/dropped item would also share the same tag. As its clearly not a loaner item  as was an unbox if you are unable to trade it, which 50% are actually untradeable from my experience. For example if it says non tradeable. Contact steam support and they will change the attributes to make it tradeable. However it will lose the loaner item meta tag

All this is wrong.

Ok, now correct information.

The glitched loaner tag is the result of a change to the trade-up system.

When trade-ups were first introduced in Gun Mettle, items obtained from trade-ups at this time were given origin 24 / "Trade-Up Output". When Scream Fortress 2015 was released, trade-ups were changed to origin 25 / "Trade-Up". Then when Tough Break was released, origin 24 was re-purposed for the Loaner Program and changed from "Trade-Up Output" to "Quest Loaner Item". This item origin applies the loaner tag, and since old trade-up items have that origin they have the tag.

All items obtained from trade-ups in the two month period between their introduction on August 27, 2015 and the change on October 28, 2015 (this covers Gun Mettle and Invasion) have the glitched tag. While the tag claims an item cannot be traded, marketed, crafted, or modified, this is completely untrue as the tag is only cosmetic.

The only reason an item with the tag would be untradable would be using an untradable Killstreak Kit on it (i.e. using an achievement weapon or Smissmas Stocking weapon in the Fabricator) or having an untradable item used in the trade-up.

Items with the tag were not unboxed, nor were they brought with Blood Money (which was introduced with Jungle Inferno and the glitch only effects Gun Mettle and Invasion items anyhow).

Yes and no. Depends on an item and If the person buying it.

You can find a bunch of loaner items on SCM still. In this case, your revoler isn't that sought after.

almost all loaner skins are tradeable and marketable, they are worthless, also common so not a collector's item

sadly the tag doesn't really add value to that revolver as it's such a low wear tier and not strange

Archived