Anyone knowledgeable in spells?

Sylvan

I'm looking for a trader that knows and deals a lot with spells. If you look at my inventory, you'll see why (https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198096163722). I'd like to maybe get an estimate on what it's all worth. Not looking to sell, mind you, just interested in how much it might be. I applied all my spells to my items myself back when spells were a thing, so it'd be interesting to me to see how much it's increased my inventory's value.

Please, comment below if you consider yourself an expert on spells, or if you can point me towards an expert. Someone that will give me an honest price, not a price they want to get out of me. Thank you, and have a lovely day!

If you want an estimate, every strange or unique exorcism wep is around 40 ref - 1k (some are a lil more like the frying pan where it's 1 - 1.3k)

every paint spell (single) on a unique/genuine/vintage cosm that's not expensive is usually 1-2 keys (if it's cc might be more, and rarity makes the value increase, http://www.tf2tools.net/ you can check the spelled items by existence here)

not god tier vfb + paint spells are usually ~2 - 3k

single pumpkin bombs on a sticky is usually 1 - 1.5k

single pumpkin bombs on a grenade launcher is usually around 1.5k

single pumpkin bombs on a ullapool caber is usally 50 ref - 1k

single pumpkin bombs on gunslingers are usually 50 ref - 1k

single pumpkin bombs on a wrench is around 2k

single pumpkin bombs on a loch n load is ~1.5k

single hween fire on a flamethrower (strange/unique) is usally 2-3k (same for backburner and degreaser)

also spelled unusuals usually don't add to the price much more than 1 or 2 keys, unless it's god tier but there are exceptions, sometimes it goes for an insane amount 😛

hope i helped :]

I know a thing or two about spells, spells are what you want to price them, and people will pay what you want for them eventually, don't let yourself get lowballed or mislead by morons pricing things for you in "reputable" discord servers.

nice collection of spells you have though.

6 minutes ago, Semper said:

I know a thing or two about spells, spells are what you want to price them, and people will pay what you want for them eventually, don't let yourself get lowballed or mislead by morons pricing things for you in "reputable" discord servers.

nice collection of spells you have though.

the discord i sent is reputable, Sylvan doesn't want to sell the items so there's no reason for anyone in there to lowball, I was a spell trader and i also know a thing or two about spells, spells aren't what you want to price them, sure they don't have an actual pricing but you can set an estimate on most, people won't pay much usually for ordinary spells (not god tier or ultra rare)

To contribute to this thread , recently I purchased those :

1 spell Gibus for 4 keys

2 spells BMOC for 15 keys

2 hours ago, goon said:

tf2 spells discord, you should ask here, they'll help!

https://discord.gg/v8yhr2

anyways if you want an estimate, every strange or unique exorcism wep is around 40 ref - 1k (some are a lil more like the frying pan where it's 1 - 1.3k)

every paint spell (single) on a unique/genuine/vintage cosm that's not expensive is usually 1-2 keys (if it's cc might be more, and rarity makes the value increase, http://www.tf2tools.net/ you can check the spelled items by existence here)

not god tier vfb + paint spells are usually ~2 - 3k

single pumpkin bombs on a sticky is usually 1 - 1.5k

single pumpkin bombs on a grenade launcher is usually around 1.5k

single pumpkin bombs on a ullapool caber is usally 50 ref - 1k

single pumpkin bombs on gunslingers are usually 50 ref - 1k

single pumpkin bombs on a wrench is around 2k

single pumpkin bombs on a loch n load is ~1.5k

single hween fire on a flamethrower (strange/unique) is usally 2-3k (same for backburner and degreaser)

also spelled unusuals usually don't add to the price much more than 1 or 2 keys, unless it's god tier but there are exceptions, sometimes it goes for an insane amount 😛

hope i helped :]

??? that discord is not reputable

Anything with just exorcism or voices is worth little (adds <1 key in value) I don't even bother with them tbh

Pumpkins is ~2 keys worth

Pumpkins + Exorcism is like 4-5

Halloween fire is like 3

Halloween fire and exorcism is 5ish

Spectral/Chromatic is about 3

Other paint spells about 2

Footprints are ~6

paired up prints and paint spells are pricey (would say minimum 12ish, but its truly item dependent)

spells aren't a super general thing... these numbers are coarse minimum adders (imo) in addition to item base value

some items with high base value (didn't see any with you, but who knows i might've missed some) can be worth considerably more than these adders (e.g. spelled aussie rockets can go for multiples of an aussie rocket's price)

a spelled phlog is worth alot more than a spelled botkiller flamer

something like a misc with footprints is easily double what a hat with prints is

etc.

don't let a buyer/discord value your items. This is common sense and applies to ALL items not just spells...

If you want to get the most out of what you have, YOU should do the pricing exercise and set prices accordingly (look at similar item sellers across classifieds, steam market, marketplace.tf).

You're never going to get peak value selling in bulk

Archived