I Was Scammed

Zacimal

Well today a Man called "Larry The Cat" Said he wanted to trade items on marketplace.tf but then i gave the items to a bot and it did not say i gave it to them , so i retried and retried and nothing worked , That hat i was scammed from was a scorching flames archers sterling and i bought it for 26keys so i recorded this and yeah , i just want my items back but i cannot so if one of you great people out there could help me out i'd love it.

3 minutes ago, Zacimal said:

I know i just want him vac banned

I am not really sure about vac ban, but if you report him at backpack.tf and give enough proof, you could mark him as a scammer if he isn't already.

Use it as a learning experience and actually do some research into trading before you invest into a game. 

There are plenty of videos and documented case of the exact scam method being used. marketplace even warns you of this when depositing items. 

No one else to blame here other than yourself, your unusual is gone & there's nothing anyone can do about that he's already a marked scammer. 

Been there done that... Had a guy trying to sell his defiant spartan, with some sort of effect the other day... I don't remember the effect, but he was way overcharged for it and tried to sell on marketplace, and lost it somehow. Kept complaining, and his inventory never had history of it being there, and I think he was pity mongering. My point is, I'm sorry it happened, but unless you're one hundred percent sure, then don't do something unless your life depends on it lol

You have been Pranked hard. I'm sorry that it ended this way, but we are no help. Contact Steam Support or report the stooge.

Hey buddy, I know things look bad for you right now, but let me tell you a story of how horrendously my younger brother got scammed back in 2013. 

It was my 10 year old brother's birthday, and he had received a $50 Steam voucher. He bought a game (I can't remember which one) and had some spare funds, so he also purchased some keys to test his luck. 

First crate: trash

Second crate: trash

Third crate: trash

Fourth crate: 'Burning Flames Virtual Viewfinder.' Literally (it took him a while to figure out the effect, because he didn't know what an unusual looked like at the time)

Of course he had no conception of the rarity of the hat, how could he? He had less than 30 hours in game. Anyway, some fucker on his friend's list told him that the unbox rate for unusuals was around 40%, and he also told him "this is a shit hat, I'll take it off your hands for 14 entire keys. You won't find that price anywhere else. Chances are, you'll unbox a better one anyway." (this is what I was told, by the way. Might not be completely accurate)

What makes me even more pissed about this was that he tried to lowball his already outrageous lowball, by backing out and only offering 12 keys. Like, what the fuck man? 

Anyway, poor kid thought he was swimming in keys, and took the offer. I don't know where the hat is now, but it must be somewhere in circulation. What's funny to me, is that the scammer stays on his friend's list for a further 2 months. That's how confident he was. 

So yeah, much more accessible information nowadays, generally you can avoid scams like this with a bit of research and just skepticism.

Archived