Mann Up- Worth It?

BraveYoshiPlayz

I've played about only 3 Mann Up Tours, I'm wondering if I should play one more,( the best thing I ever got was a specialized killstreak black rose kit) I guess I'm not expecting anything but more for the fun of it, but also I'm wanting to have some hope that I'd get an aussie, is this the right mindset to play with, and should I proceed to buy 4 tickes

p.s The last time I played was mid of last year

If you're only in it for the loot, you're definitely better off buying what you want. Aussies seem to drop around 1/25 tours, if you are playing two cities that's $4 per tour, so to break even you'd have to get australiums averaging $100 a piece, which isn't gonna happen, unless you get what you want early on and quit, but...famous last words.

3 hours ago, Buddy said:

If you're only in it for the loot, you're definitely better off buying what you want. Aussies seem to drop around 1/25 tours, if you are playing two cities that's $4 per tour, so to break even you'd have to get australiums averaging $100 a piece, which isn't gonna happen, unless you get what you want early on and quit, but...famous last words.

1 in 25 tours? Think your thinking a little on the optimistic side. I have dropped 10 aussie in 1300+ two cities tours. Longest dry spell was 360 tours so it certainly is not 1 in 25

Oh. Also avoid people like buddy. They are affiliated with the black listing site tacobot and are the saltiest mofos on the planet. Hence why they are marked here on bp.tf

1 hour ago, DanielDee said:

1 in 25 tours? Think your thinking a little on the optimistic side. I have dropped 10 aussie in 1300+ two cities tours. Longest dry spell was 360 tours so it certainly is not 1 in 25

Oh. Also avoid people like buddy. They are affiliated with the black listing site tacobot and are the saltiest mofos on the planet. Hence why they are marked here on bp.tf

cry some more, you are just shit in mvm compared to tacobot memebers

2 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Generally accepted drop rate is 0.03% for aussies, some people this is right on the money (like myself averaging 1 every 34 tours), others are much luckier (see every <10 tour with an aussie), and for some like the guy above the luck is just shit, it is a gamble after all. I feel 2cities has a pretty nice return, especially for my last tours I haven't needed to use external money to buy tickets for the past 40 tours or so.

You will always get about 1 ticket worth back from your normal kit and robo parts so if you can get a good pro fab every 12 tours you'll only end up paying for about 3 of the next 12 tours, then when you get your tour 34 aussie that will be about 3 cycles and provided you get a low-mid tier aussie that will cover the 9 tours from the cycles and tada you broke even. Of course this is all hypothetical and you won't actually be getting $25 fabs every 12 tours, maybe every 30 from my experience and then add on the 100+ tour dry streaks for aussies and you're def. losing money. I'd estimate I have a 70% return, that is I pay for 30 tours out of every 100 I do. It's not too bad especially when you consider the 550+ tours that would have cost me $2000 ends up actually costing only $600 but that's my estimate, 17 year old me wasn't smart enough to keep a record of all this and if I wanted to try and sort it out now that would take forever going through my 763 pages of SCM transactions and whatever I've done on marketplace.

So TL;DR no it's not worth it. Quit while your wallet is only 10-12 dollars in the hole.

you better be buying directly what you are looking for, even if its not the same thing as dropping your own aussie, you will save alot of bucks.

Everything useful has already been said, but for the fun of it, if you're optimistic about getting a G. Pan I did the math a couple weeks ago, this his how many of each Australium has dropped and been recorded on bp:

Wrench: 3600

Axtinguisher: 4500

Rocket Launcher: 5000

Black Box: 4450

Scattergun: 5100

Medigun: 3650

Sniper Rifle: 4700

SMG: 4450

Blutsauger: 4450

Grenade Launcher: 4750

Sticky Launcher: 4900

Eyelander: 1500

Knife: 4700

Ambassador: 4450

Frontier Justice: 4500

Force a Nature: 4050

Flamethrower: 4600

Minigun: 4600

Tomislav: 4400

Golden Pan: 208 

Total non-pan: 82350

208 / 82350 = 0.0025, so G. Pans make up 0.25% of all Australiums drops. Thus, you have a 1 in 400 chance of getting a G. Pan per australium drop. If your luck is decent and you get an australium every 30 tours, and we lived in a world where percentages have no diminishing returns and forever stack additively until 100%, then it would take you, 12,000 tours per G. Pan to be sure that one will drop. That's 64,000 tickets, which is ~$64,000 worth of tickets and 100,000+ Hours for Two Cities or ~$48,000 worth of tickets and about the same time via Gear Grinder to get ONE G. Pan. Of course, percentage chances aren't additive and many people go hundreds of tours between australium drops, so the realistic number is probably much, much higher than that. Even the G. Pan is a case of "if you really want it, buy it, it's not actually worth doing MVM if that's all you want.", just like virtually every other gamble in TF2, except 99.9% of people don't have $3,000 laying around to drop on a virtual item.

MvM, like unboxing, is very related to luck. Australiums drop rarely (example from my experience: tour 124. Got 4 aussies in the first 31 tours, then, 70+ tours without one drop), as of good professional fabbricators. Considering that you spend ~2 keys (~26 ref for 1 non-craftable ticket) for every 2Cities tour completely, it's not common to get an overall item value that is equivalent to what you have spent for the tickets. It's true that you can choose Mecha Engine or Gear Grinder (3 tickets to complete rather than 4), but even there, the profit is always based on luck.

I've done 100 tours and have gotten 9 Australiums over that time, so close to 1:10 ratio which is pretty good, but I think I was one of the more lucky ones. I played with guys who had 500+ tours and went on a 100+ tour dry streak. Funny enough when I gave him 4 tickets for his 504th tour, he got an aussie and I broke his 103 tour dry streak :^).

Some get lucky some don't. I just played for fun, and the aussies paid for the tickets so I really lost next to nothing over that whole time when I did play. Good times.

Honestly with such shitty australium prices these days, mvm is less worth it then it ever was. Good pro killstreak kits are worth more then 80% of the australiums lol. But either way, playing mvm for the loot is not worth it, ever. Yes you get loot at the end, yes it makes mvm alot more interesting then playing, say, community mvm, but you should never start playing just for the loot. Same goes with all gambling related stuff

• 5 weeks later...

Played 29 tours so far. Not a single Aussie drop yet. The KS fabricators especially the ones for stock weapons and other popular weapons are profitable. I recently sold a Pro KS Kunai Fabricator for 5 keys pure (Sheen and Killstreaker could have been a factor) which is good since I just came back to tf2 about a month ago. In terms of Aussies, I would not count on it for profit tbh, cus of drop chance and chance of getting not the most desirable one. I only play it for the gameplay now cus is fun. 

On 5/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, Relic said:

I've done 100 tours and have gotten 9 Australiums over that time, so close to 1:10 ratio

WHAT

8 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

WHAT

His guy either be the luckiest person alive or he is BSing. Pics or no proof!

• 1 year later...
On 6/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

His guy either be the luckiest person alive or he is BSing. Pics or no proof!

Back from the dead

1: Ambassador

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310786201

2: Force of nature

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316655528

3: Another ambassador

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326129866

4: Tomislav

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356479771

5: Wrench

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379234449

6: Pretty sure it was a stickybomb, couldn't find an old screenshot tho rip

7: Rocket launcher

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1185066322

8: not sure what this one was tbh also couldn't find a screenshot

9: Axtinguisher 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2592833549

10: Knife (Found this one back to back with the axt.) 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2592833614

been all downhill ever since im like 70 tours drylol

Archived