Cadet Visor Broken

hmokay2

Yeah thats a known problem with transparent textures, I guess only valve can fix that. Unless someone else here knows a client side fix

It's a known glitch with transparent glasses textures. It happens to the Honcho's Headgear and Ground Control for Soldier as well as multiple other cosmetics of the sort. (I think even Sniper's default glasses do it sometimes.)

For some reason for me, the glasses texture on most of those items re-appears when you crouch but disappears when you uncrouch, how weird.

AFAIK there isn't any way to fix it besides, of course, Valve doing a bugfix. Back whenever I really wanted to get a nice Honcho's I realized that glitch kinda ruins how the hat looks just from the glasses texture disappearing.

This would a REALLY nice one to have fixed. Das Hazmattenhattens do this too; I've got a bunch of spelled ones that always work in the loadout menu, and work in the class selection menu, and can be seen working in the little UI at the bottom left of the screen in the default HUD, but rarely if ever work ingame. For some reason the visor just doesn't show.  I know the spelled Cadet Visor is also broken in this way.

This bug has been going from 2016 or so, Valve is probably aware as many people already reported it, i suspect it won't ever be fixed. A community-made patch would be possible as it is just a matter of replacing a texture but that's just clientside, you would see it correctly but other people would still see it glitched.

Archived