Looking to create my own trade bot

Sinna

Does anyone know where any good documentation on creating a trade bot is because i cant find any and it would help a lot im pretty intermediate with c# and i was going to use it but im comfortable with trying to learn any other language.

2 hours ago, Elcapast said:

bot.tf

there is a que of 22 people in line to use a bot from bot.tf 

not sure if there are any others out there?

5 hours ago, Sinna said:

Does anyone know where any good documentation on creating a trade bot is because i cant find any and it would help a lot im pretty intermediate with c# and i was going to use it but im comfortable with trying to learn any other language.

Node.js is a better choice since there are a lot of libraries for Steam client things, Steam API wrappers, etc.

https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/node-steam-user

You can start here if you want to prefer Node.js which i strongly recommend.

Or you can use SteamKit which is provided by Valve itself. https://github.com/SteamRE/SteamKit/

Once you get the client login thingy, you need to poll your trade offers (node-steam libraries provide an event for that, with integrated caching) and process the items for each sides. Get a sum of their values according to your database, bp.tf listings data or something else.

Finally, accept them if the values match (or if partner's items total price is more than yours). You'll also need to deal with 2FA, node-steam makes it really easy.

Can I recommend starting at nicklason/tf2-automatic?
It is licensed under the MIT license, so it gives you nearly limitless freedom to use as an inspiration or base for your own project.
As long as you retain the LICENSE file found at the root of the source tree, you are free to use it.
I think this will make a great base for your bot.
Good luck programming!
If you need help, feel free to contact me on Steam.

13 minutes ago, Lexidor said:

I think this will make a great base for your bot.

A base? Thats a full on bot lol 😛

But yeah i'd definately recommend learning Node for creating steam trade bots. DrMcKay has most of the modules you'd need to interact with steam

Just now, Zeus_Junior said:

A base? Thats a full on bot lol 😛

But yeah i'd definately recommend learning Node for creating steam trade bots. DrMcKay has most of the modules you'd need to interact with steam

Yeah, I'd actually want to see him use this as a base and build more features.
I am interested in what features we never knew we missed out on.
If he keeps the MIT spirit, his features can also be backported to tf2-automatic, which is a great way of giving back to the community around this bot.

Archived