Classifieds correct usage via API

CARNEE

Hey there!

I am a trade bot developer. Some clients of my own has ther bp.tf account banned from classifieds.

I want to know if my algortihm its okeys atm to not being banned again.

OLD WAY ->

• Delete and relist listings if item prices has changed. 
  • Delete listings and relist if stock has changed (specified in details)
  • Delete listings and relist if bumped time is > 30 mins
  • Delete if not enough currencies, relist when has again

NEW WAY ->

Now bot is updating item db prices every 30 mins

• Delete and relist listings if item prices has changed. Interval of 30 min

Is this enough to avoid acc ban?

37 minutes ago, CARNEE said:

Just say you don't want to buy premium 😐

30 minutes ago, renshin said:

SELL ME A BOT TY!

I dont know if you are serious.

42 minutes ago, Wsdea said:

Just say you don't want to buy premium 😐

I do btw.

1 hour ago, CARNEE said:

I dont know if you are serious.

I'm serious, people started using bots in painted item market so i have too! I can't  compete with the bots anymore. Please help.

19 hours ago, Wsdea said:

Then why do you relist if your listing is bumped anyway ?

There are not my accounts. Client's accounts.

19 hours ago, renshin said:

I'm serious, people started using bots in painted item market so i have too! I can't  compete with the bots anymore. Please help.

I am developer. I dont get why you are joking about this. I eat because of this. Shut up

7 hours ago, CARNEE said:

There are not my accounts. Client's accounts.

I am developer. I dont get why you are joking about this. I eat because of this. Shut up

Dude i'm not joking, i need a bot to maintain the sales. I can't beat the other users who use bots, so i need to buy one. Since bot.tf doesn't has any bots available that's why asked you. I don't know why u think "i'm joking" when i'm talking seriously about it.

18 hours ago, CARNEE said:

OLD WAY ->

• Delete and relist listings if item prices has changed. 
  • Delete listings and relist if stock has changed (specified in details)
  • Delete if not enough currencies, relist when has again

Your first 2 points are correct, third is really just unnecessary if you have premium, fourth is an option. If your backpack is updated then the site will automatically hide listings you don’t have enough currency for.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, CARNEE said:

NEW WAY ->

Now bot is updating item db prices every 30 mins

• Delete and relist listings if item prices has changed. Interval of 30 min

Is this enough to avoid acc ban?

For your first point, if I’m understanding it correctly, changing your buying/selling price and then not update your listing for 30 minutes often leads to reports of the bot declining its listing price, which is against the rules.

For the other 2, refer to what I said earlier

On 5/6/2020 at 10:11 AM, Zeus_Junior said:

Your first 2 points are correct, third is really just unnecessary if you have premium, fourth is an option. If your backpack is updated then the site will automatically hide listings you don’t have enough currency for.

For your first point, if I’m understanding it correctly, changing your buying/selling price and then not update your listing for 30 minutes often leads to reports of the bot declining its listing price, which is against the rules.

For the other 2, refer to what I said earlier

Running a bot too in this account, would be interesting to understand what led to his bots being banned to make sure noone of us makes the same mistakes, for example the timings on my bot are:

• Delete all listings and remake them every 30 minutes (when i first programmed the bot i had no idea being premium <wich i am> autobumps the classifieds every 30 minutes but mostly for laziness and being afraid of breaking something in the code i left it like that)
  • Every 6 hours check at wich price to sell or buy using the classifieds and adjust the prices accordingly, i initially wanted to do it every hour but i guessed that it would stress unnecessarily the APIs so i've set it to 6 hours.
  • Once a trade offer is received, checked that the contents are correct, that the other party isn't marked as scammer on steamrep, accept it and create a new classified listing (if i bought something, sell it and the other way around)

Can you explain me (and whoever is reading) what led to those bans? So that we all can avoid those things? And are the timings/api usage above fine?

17 minutes ago, Medic Bot said:

Every 6 hours check at wich price to sell or buy using the classifieds and adjust the prices accordingly, i initially wanted to do it every hour but i guessed that it would stress unnecessarily the APIs so i've set it to 6 hours.

Some  bots  apparently check like every 5-10 minutes but whatever ... 

Just now, D.Alex said:

Some  bots  apparently check like every 5-10 minutes but whatever ... 

The first bot you linked has 2.5k classifieds, does it check the price of ALL THOSE ITEMS every 10 minutes by checking the classifieds?

19 hours ago, Medic Bot said:

Running a bot too in this account, would be interesting to understand what led to his bots being banned to make sure noone of us makes the same mistakes, for example the timings on my bot are:

• Delete all listings and remake them every 30 minutes (when i first programmed the bot i had no idea being premium <wich i am> autobumps the classifieds every 30 minutes but mostly for laziness and being afraid of breaking something in the code i left it like that)
  • Every 6 hours check at wich price to sell or buy using the classifieds and adjust the prices accordingly, i initially wanted to do it every hour but i guessed that it would stress unnecessarily the APIs so i've set it to 6 hours.
  • Once a trade offer is received, checked that the contents are correct, that the other party isn't marked as scammer on steamrep, accept it and create a new classified listing (if i bought something, sell it and the other way around)

Can you explain me (and whoever is reading) what led to those bans? So that we all can avoid those things? And are the timings/api usage above fine?

Yes, thats allowed

They were banned from the classifieds for relisting every 5 minutes

Archived