Marketplace.tf keys prices

Andgrean

There's been a 20 cents increase in the keys prices on marketplace tf for the last 2-3 weeks. Avg 1.87 for a key now... What's happening? 

it's because valve adjusted the key price in store where euros can no longer get cheap keys and it costs even more than the american cost of a key in other countries

1 hour ago, angry_worms said:

it's because valve adjusted the key price in store where euros can no longer get cheap keys and it costs even more than the american cost of a key in other countries

They were cheaper?

Think the code leak led to heavy key sales for cheap...now major key hoarders have raised the key prices

1 hour ago, Rakaksha said:

Think the code leak led to heavy key sales for cheap...now major key hoarders have raised the key prices

I don't really think that's the case since the code leak day was somewhere in the middle of that 20-day rising streak 

That event just stopped the growth for 2 days which went on later. 

Changes in key prices for cash are almost always because of an exploit in currency exchange rates on steam being either newly discovered or stamped out

though the quaranteen lifestyle right now probably helps out too

8 hours ago, Andgrean said:

I don't really think that's the case since the code leak day was somewhere in the middle of that 20-day rising streak 

That event just stopped the growth for 2 days which went on later. 

I agree with that being true...the way it was going it would have taken much longer to reach this price level. Code leak accelerated that by a huge margin. There were buyorders of 4000 for keys. The quarantine and the currency issue added up but the code leak was like a steroid hit to all of it.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, NotARobot59 said:

Keys are literally 2 dollars on marketplace now as of 12/9. I was fine with them being at $1.80. Anyone else noticing this?

Yes, everybody noticed this. It's because deposit was disabled around 8.12 and you just can't add new keys to sell. Lower supply, same demand -> higher price.

P.S. Already 2.10$ though, people who deposited keys will make a lot of profit.

1 minute ago, Vebster said:

Yes, everybody noticed this. It's because deposit was disabled around 8.12 and you just can't add new keys to sell. Lower supply, same demand -> higher price.

P.S. Already 2.10$ though, people who deposited keys will make a lot of profit.

Didn’t expect you to reply! I’d agree with you, also because of the mp.tf program closing on 9/15. People want to pull in as much profit as they can with the time that they have.

Archived