Item Values

fruits

So according to backpack.tf, my GE KE is worth 395 keys and the lowest seller is 250 keys. Should I value it at this price? When trading, I get mixed answers with some people valuing it at purple energy KE value and others valuing it higher. What should I value it at?

The GE KE's price is over 1 year outdated, so that price is definitely not to be followed here.

I'm not the best at pricing things, but I'd put its actual realistic price in the 200-225 key price range.

All but the cheapest GE KE's listings on BP have been there for a while, so they clearly aren't selling at those ridiculous prices. There's one for sale right now for ~215 keys on MP: https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/538;5;u9 - Also one sold for ~222 Keys on MP a couple weeks ago, so the one on MP now has only been up for a week or two.

And for the most recent sale excluding MP sales:

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198879412409#!/compare/1586995200/1587081600

Sold for >200 keys in unusuals (Pyromancer at ~80-90 keys, Wraith at ~50-55 keys, Kiss King at ~90-100 keys.)

I'd say that yours can sell for the 200-225 key range given other recent sales around that area. Might take a couple weeks, but the Killer's Exclusive is a very popular all-class hat and Green Energy is a very good budget / mid-range effect, so it shouldn't take TOO long.

2 hours ago, renshin said:

well that's a lie, KE is a disaster. 

No it's not, Killer exclusive is a popular all class hat. I don't like it myself but that doesn't mean it's not popular. The prices on them are definitely dropping but they're still popular.

5 hours ago, renshin said:

well that's a lie, KE is a disaster. 

The KE has always been a very popular all-class, and it's becoming even more popular for low to mid end traders and buyers as its prices continue to fall.

The only "disaster" involving the KE is how people unironically thought it was the next Team Captain for the first couple of years, which inflated its price, only for the price to dramatically drop when people realized that it's not on the level of the TC and more on the level of mid to high tier all-classes.

well, backpack.tf prices are merely "suggested prices", so if you want to value it at 395 keys, go ahead, list it for 295 keys. You just won't sell it as quickly.

Just listen to Mikers if you're trying to trade it away

Archived